How To-sday: Back To School Drugstore Look with Maybelline The Nudes (+ Easy Strobing)

Continuing on in my Drugstore Looks, I did a look with Maybelline's The Nudes Palette. This look is really great for fall and its pretty easy. I feel like it took me a while to do... it wasn't like a 5 minute look... you could probably do it in 10 minutes... I think it took me 15... but I changed some things out and it took me a little longer cause I was moving from one room to another for some parts and... you know what maybe I'll come up with a "tips" post so that you can do makeup faster in the morning. Lol.

Anyway onto the look! This is good for fall like I said, and it kind of has a bit of a strobing thing going on. I think I used mostly Maybelline products... but theres a good mix of different brands too.

Eyes 

Primer- Elf Smudge Pot in Brownie Points, this was a little messy... it is quite smudgy, so you might want a wet paper towel or a makeup remover wipe or pen of some sort nearby because it might get onto the browbone or the inner corner and you don't really want that. These are really creamy and nice.

Shadows- I went into the Maybelline The Nudes Palette and used the 4th shade in the top row all over the lid. This is kind of like the same color as brownie points, so it looks nice on top. Then I put the 3rd shade in the bottom row in the inner part of my eye. I used the 4th shade in the bottom on my crease and then... another matte brown shade in the crease. I think I used the 2nd color on the bottom but I'm not sure. Its not really a necessary step, but I did it. Lol. I think I took either the first color on the top row or the 5th color on the bottom in my inner corner... not sure, both will give you the same look... kind of one of the problems with this palette...

Okay I figured out what I did... its a little confusing. I put the first color in the palette on the inner part of my eye before I put the 3rd shade in the bottom row on the eyelid. That way it was a little lighter when I put the gold shadow on top of it. It looked nice and didn't look cakey or anything, so that was kind of what I was going for and it worked. I used the 2nd to last shade in the inner corner then I used the 3rd color on the top row for the browbone... and it didn't show up really... so yeah. Lol.

Liner- I used Catrice's You're my Rosen One eyeliner in the waterline
Mascara- Rimmel Wonderlash Waterproof. I love this mascara!

Face 
Primer- Maybeline's Master Prime by Face Studio in the illuminating version. This is one of my favorite primers... not just from the drugstore.
Foundation- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous- Cannot recommend this enough! Its so great and works for all skin types. I kind of like any Oil-free products, even though I don't have oily skin.
Concealer- Maybelline Superstay Better Skin. Under eyes, on nose and on forehead. I just really needed it under my eyes.
Blush/bronzer- This I used more as a bronzer than a blush, but it functions as bronzer, blush and highlight all in one. Its the Maybelline Master Studio Hi-light bronzer in light bronze. This is such a good product for multi tasking and it doesn't add too much to the face.
Highlight- Catrice Highlighting Pen. I like this... I would use some sort of sponge with it though. Using the hi-light bronzer and the illuminating primer along with this is a good quick way to strobe. I sort of didn't mean it that way... but it worked!
Powders- Elf Under Eye and HD powder loose powders. These are messy for back to school... but they work really well. I feel like the HD one makes my pores look smaller and the under eye one helps conceal as well.
Setting Spray- L'oreal Infallible. Love this stuff!
Lips- Maybelline Creamy Matte in Lust for Blush. I didn't plan on using almost all maybelline products... but it worked out well! These are good products that look really good together.

And here is the finished look!


I feel like it looks better in person. Lol.Above my lips looks a little bad... not sure why. Maybe I need to pluck there... maybe its cause I had just removed a much darker lip liner... maybe its just because of my little breakout that is still there... not sure. Not my favorite there... but I like the eyes and the face. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments