Tip Tuesday- My Version Of Strobing + My Tips

Alrighty so today I'm gonna teach you how to strobe! This is a new fad of using a lot of highlight. I think its technically supposed to be all blush and highlight but no bronzer... but I like using bronzers with it. I like nice glow-y bronzers and I think they look great while strobing. Also on Sephora's snapchat they said you can still contour and strobe, just make sure the BAM highlight is in the right places I guess.

Also as far as I know since this is a new fad... there aren't really any rules, so what I do might not be the official strobing guide... but it works and it works well... so thats why I do it. I'm just going to give a few tips before I actually get into the whole routine of what I do.

1) Cream Products are always good- I'm a big fan of cream products for strobing and there are tons of cream blushes and highlights out there to use. There aren't a whole lot of cream bronzers that I know of... I know Sonia Kashuk has one, Chanel has one. The one I'm using is a bronzing pen from Catrice and Elf has a good cream bronzer to. I think the cream bronzer is the least important part because there aren't really any cream bronzers with shimmer and I'm going over mine with a more shimmery bronzer.

2) Shimmery and Matte Blushes both work well- Today I'm going with a blush that has a highlight in and that gives a super Glowy overall look... so if you really want that JLo glow... go shimmery. I'm using Becca's Beach Tint which is amazing. Maybeline Master Hi-Lights are really good also. I've done this using matte blushes too and I've really liked it too. Its more subdued and really lets the shimmery highlight pop, but if you want to shine... go ahead and shine your pants off!

3) Dewy Foundation- Again if you really want that JLo glow, use a dewy foundation and even anything illuminating. This will work well with BB creams too cause its just very light and allows the rest of the face products to shine. I have dry skin, so I kind of prefer that anyway... but when I used the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination last time I was super glow-y and I loved it!

Alrighty now onto the look. I'm just going over the face and the lips cause I've already sort of done the eye look in my Cruelty Free Week Faces of the week. I used the Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokey Palette.

Face: 

Primer- Covergirl Outlast Primer... I think thats what it's called? Not quite sure. Its good it has white and red packaging
Foundation- I mixed a tiny bit of the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination with the Maybeline Superstay Better Skin. I used a dry beauty blender at first and then wet it a little with the Pixi Glow Mist and pressed it into the areas where my pores were a little bigger.
Bronzer- I started with the Catrice Bronzing pen, blended that out with  the Beauty Blender... or maybe the Elf Small Stipple Brush... both work well. Anyway its a good bronzer. I also went over it with the Makeup Revolution Bronzer in Ready To Go. These are both really glow-y and pretty. Also I used it with the Real Techniques Blush Brush... so it was pretty easy to blend out and bronze.
Blush- Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Watermelon Moonstone. Really pretty, glow-y and easy to use. I used it with the Elf Small Stipple Brush.
Highlight- I just used it on my cheekbone... if I really want to full on strobe, I'd put some on my forehead and nose... but I don't love highlighting those. I used the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the liquid form in Opal. Gorgeous. I think I used a beauty blender or my fingers to blend it out.
Concealer- I corrected with Benefit's Erase Paste and then went in with Maybeline's Superstay better skin.
Powders- I used the Elf HD Undereye Powder I kind of let that sit for a minute and then blended it out with the Real Techniques setting brush. Then I used the Elf HD Powder all over the face with the Ecotools Mattifying face brush.
Setting Sprays- Pixi Glow mist and Urban Decay All Nighter.

And Voila! Here are a few pics of the finished look!

Some are badly lit... so I put a bunch up. Lol.






Hope this helps! Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments