Sephora Window Shopping and Haul

So my friend and I went window shopping at Ulta and Sephora... mostly Sephora... we went to Ulta but there wasn't much there that we were looking for... we went to Ulta a couple of weekends ago and nothing has really changed since then... nothing new other than the Naked Smokey sale... which we weren't that interested in.

So we looked at Sephora and they had a lot going on! First off we wanted to see the new Too Faced Peach collection... and I was actually pretty excited about this collection and I was a little disappointed. The Palette wasn't terrible... it does look nearly identical to the Modern Renaissance Palette... which I do already have- so there wasn't really a reason to buy it. The formula was a little patchy... it wasn't like the Natural Matte Palette- which was a little upsetting.

The "peach pie" bronzer or whatever was one I was SURE I was going to buy. I love Too Faced Bronzers and this one looked sooo pretty online... but in person- you could tell the glittery part was just an overspray and it had already been swatched away in store. So that was disappointing. I love Too Faced bronzers and the color was okay... it reminded me a lot of the Ross and Rachel bronzer from a few years ago... and I have that... so there isn't much of a point.

The "Cooling" Peach primer sounded promising... but I didn't notice a cooling effect at all. The Peach Foundation felt really nice actually and it looked good on my hand. I'm not in need of a new foundation right now- but I might look at this sometime... it seemed okay.

Milk was a brand that intrigued my friend and I a lot... so we looked there. I think the "highlight" of everything that we swatched was the Holographic Highlight Stick and the Holographic Highlighter. The Stick reminded me a lot of the Coverfx Custom Enhancer Drops in Halo... which I love. They have a powder highlight also... it looked gorgeous. It might be something I get sometime.

I swatched one of the Nars Liquid Lipsticks at Ulta... and it was nice- but my friend was upset because they aren't cruelty free and they are kind of too expensive to still test on animals... especially when so many brands like Smashbox and Stila have stopped testing on animals recently and they started... it made her upset and I'm a little upset too. I can't say I'll never buy Nars again... but maybe I'll switch my "splurge" brand to something like Hourglass instead of Nars... just a thought. CoverFx is another great Cruelty Free Splurge Brand.. but yeah... anyway I swatched the bite lipstick in Eclair near the Nars one and it was the same color. Both really nice... I love Bite Beauty and they are Cruelty Free... I believe they are not owned by a cruelty free parent company... but they themselves are Cruelty free.

I also swatched a lighter shade of the Bite Beauty Lipsticks near one from Tarte... and I'll report more on that later.

I swatched the Kat Von D Shade n Light Glimmer- that palette has some really gorgeous shades in it. It's nothing all that unique... but the smooth formulas of that one are really nice... might be something I get in the future. I think the reason I don't like it is because I feel like if you get that you need to get the Shade n Light to go with it... and then you're spending $100 on 2 palettes with essentially the same colors... so idk. It looks good though and it excites me lol.

Now let's talk about the Kat Von D Alchemist Palette... which I do really like... but my friend did point out that you don't really get much product in the palette... and the price is fair for that I think... but at the same time... it's not that cheap and I probably would go through it fast or never end up using it... so I'm debating it a bit... I know it was in an Anti Haul... but yeah. It might happen.

Next up: Ciate. At first we tried on the Ciate Liquid Chrome thinking it was the Glitter Flips that everyone is raving about... it wasn't but it was really pretty! I used the shade Zodiac... it was pretty cool... it's an irridescent Lip Gloss... Jesse's Girl has the same things.

Then we saw the Glitter Flip and tried it... it didn't work the way it did for youtube... idk. They didn't have that many shades on the display we saw... idk. The one we tried on was almost empty.

I also swatched the Natasha Denona palette... omg! I have a freckle on my arm... no primer applied it covered that freckle! That was pretty darn impressive! Super expensive... but darn swatching that was fun!

When I tried to wipe off everything I tried... there was one liquid lipstick that was not budging AT ALL and my friend and I were both super impressed. We tried thinking of what it was... at first I thought it was the Nars... then the Bite... then I remembered I swatched the Tartiest lip paint... and she was like "Ohhh their stuff stays on forever" and she was right! That's what it was! And they were on sale for $11 as part of the "weekly Wow" at sephora... so I got the shades Fortune, Bestie and Front Row... all amazing!

And I got 2 Point perks. One was the Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream... which I put on my hand and it looked like a perfect match and felt really nice...  and the other was the Sunday Riley UFO Oil... which I thought was a moisturizer... but it's for Acne... I don't have Acne- so I'm giving this to a friend and hoping it works for her!

And that's about it! Maybe I'll do some lip swatches of my Lipsticks soon in a review??? Probably! Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments