Maybelline Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick Review- LONGEST LASTING LIPSTICK???

So as you can probably guess from the title... this liquid lipstick will last quite some time on the lips!

I have the shade Lover... and when I first put it on my initial thoughts were "okay- I like this applicator. The shade is a little darker than I thought it would be from the tube... and it feels kind of like ink when you put it on... so it isn't super comfortable... it will stick your lips together for a little bit... but then it kind of gets better and you're able to talk and move your mouth like a normal person. Then it lasts for the longest time... and it was actually a pain in the ass to get it off of my lips! I don't really use Makeup Remover or Oil- I use Baby shampoo, Micellar Water and then just my cleanser... this was still on for a little bit with the baby shampoo... it took kind of a while to finally disappear... but it did.

I actually bought the Elf Liquid Lipstick Remover just because I thought it would be a lot easier to take off with that... and then I didn't need it! I guess with whatever I was eating those days- the lipstick just came out on it's own... Or maybe I applied it differently or something? It seems more likely that it was different foods... Not quite sure. I've worn it before and I've had great experience... I haven't really had a hard time taking it off since that first time though.

I've mentioned this before but when I came home from seeing Lady Gaga- I wore this lipstick... I drank Starbucks, I had a Caprese Salad With Balsamic Vinegar, Chicken Parm, gelato and Starbucks (sure it was from a straw... but still!) still had the lipstick on by the end of the night... which is a little bit crazy for me to think... and several times that's happened also!

So comparing this to other drugstore lipsticks, the Milani, Milani Metallics, Wet n Wild and the Jordana Lip Cream... this one definitely lasts the longest. I think my favorite is still the Milani Metallics and I really like the regular Milani and the Wet n Wild's as well... but I think I'm going to look for a deeper vampy color for fall from this line just because I love the applicator so much! It is definitely my favorite applicator- it's just the perfect size and it gets enough product without getting too much... I just really like it.

So these get the Shannon Seal of Approval... it did kind of take a while for it to get there... but now its there and I'm not taking it back. Lol. It's a good formula and I honestly love the color too.

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments