Sonia Kashuk Color Shock Brush Set Review

So I just found this on clearance for $20. Online it's on sale for $33 now... I honestly only got this brush set because they look like monogrammed brushes for me... my initials are SK... so this was perfect!

And honestly... the brushes themselves are pretty nice too! The handles are nice, they feel like they have some weight to them... but not too much. It feels really strong and well made... the SK has some texture... it just feels nice.

I don't think I've used all of them yet... I didn't use the angled eye brush... I think it feels nice though and I'll use it for the outer corner or for blending it out a little... I like fluffy angled eye brushes for that. I think theres a larger brush for the crease too... that would be good for that... I don't necessarily need 2 brushes from the same set for that... but maybe people use that differently.

The eye shadow brush and the crease brush are really nice. They aren't my favorites for eyes... the crease is nice though! I like them both a lot!

There are a lot of similar brushes in this too. There's a big powder brush, a medium sized one, a smaller one and an even smaller one than that... I use the largest for powder, the second biggest for blush... the 2nd smallest could be for contour or bronzer or setting powder or highlight... same with the smallest one...they can be pretty interchangeable. It's useful to have these types of brushes all together... I like that it's from the same line... I kind of think it would be cool if Real Techniques did that. I like them a lot!

And then the 2 denser face brushes are great too. The Angled Face Brush is the best multi task brush that I have! I did my "No Makeup Makeup" Look with this... and I used it for Primer, Contour, Concealer, Highlight... and it deposited the products so nicely that I didn't need to clean it between use... and it didn't get anywhere! It was sooo amazing!

And then the foundation brush... it's a tiny bit scratchy... which all of these brushes kind of are... once you start using this it gets a little better. This really gets a lot of product on my face too. I used this with my Urban Decay One n Done... which I usually just use my fingers for... but this gives it sooo much better coverage... still looks natural... but it just looks absolutely gorgeous and... I just really like it!

So these are a little scratchy... it looks like some of the hairs are loose... it actually did wash super nicely. When I bought them- they looked used so I washed them before using them... and they washed really nicely! I liked that a lot!

Hope you guys find this useful! Let me know if you have them. Also I love the cup from this collection too... I had to get it! It's so cute and it looks like the doodlings I used to do in High School and College.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments