February Favorites 2018

Allright! I feel like I've tried some good things in this shorter month... I rediscovered some favorites... and overall I just had some fun with makeup and beauty.

Let's start with my standout favorite rediscovered product of the week: Smashbox Drawn In Decked Out Shadow+ Blush+ Contour Palette. This I got when it was on sale on Black Friday and I liked it... but I had gotten a lot around that time and I wanted to try other palettes... and this one just got put aside... but I wanted an All in One Palette... and this is perfect for that because as the name implies, it has Blushes, Contours and shadows... I just really like this because you can do a very easy everyday look with the shadows... and the blushes are super nice to have in this and the contour palette in here is a little added bonus. I kind of wish more brands would do things like these... this was just perfect. And the formula of all the shadows and cheek products were just awesome. I love this and I'm happy it's a rediscovered favorite.

Speaking of contouring: I got a contouring brush set from a brand called Beauty Concepts... this really got me into contouring and I kind of want to try more from this brush line because they make it very easy to use. It has a contour chart on the package- which is always useful... and there's a description of everything... so that helps a little too. I just really like when a brush or something inspires my makeup... so that's a good favorite to have. Lol.

And back to palettes... The Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette and the Prism Palettes were 2 favorites of the month also! I Just really like both of these palettes. You can get a lot of great looks with them- I think they work really well and I find these inspiring to use also. I got the Subculture as a Christmas Gift and the Prism cause it was on sale and I liked the Subculture a lot... these are fun and they aren't your everyday neutral palettes- but they're really good because of that.

The Beauty and The Beast Blush Palette is another rediscovered favorite of the month. Specifically I've been using the blush in Beauty (I think?) it's just a nice, neutral blush and I just kind of liked it a lot this month. It's a good one.

The Primark PS  Blush and Highlight Palette is another good one I liked this month. I got that at the end of January I believe... and I used it a lot at the beginning of the month... I wanted to try some different blushes too so that was just useful this month. I thought the highlight in this palette was particularly pretty.

The L'oreal Lumi Glowtion is something I liked this month too. It's just a nice little glow that you can wear under your foundation or primer for a glowy look... it's just really nice! I even used this sort of on it's own with contour... so it was pretty good.

I don't think I had a consistent foundation favorite- but I did use the Boots No 7 Lift and Luminate foundation a lot. It's a good one... the one I have looks a little dark when I put it on but I don't think it looks that dark when I'm wearing it... so hopefully it isn't... but I like the formula and I think it is a good foundation. I like it!

And the Essence Lash Princess Mascara! I really like this a lot! It helps my lashes look longer and they're just really nice and pretty. I think it's a good drugstore option.

And I think that's it... I have some current non makeup favorites too... So I may do a post on that later on because... I think there are a lot of them... but for now- these are the favorites! I hope you like them and check them out! Let me know if you do!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments