New Favorite Everyday Palette: Smashbox Drawn in Decked Out Contour and Blush Palette

So I kind of needed a makeup palette that I could use on the go... so I reached for this smashbox holiday palette... which I think I've done a mini review on recently... but I thought I would just kind of mention it now because I've just been using it soooooooooo much lately... and I just need to do a post on it because I've just been liking it so much! I will probably eventually show an Everyday Makeup Look using this... but I haven't done it quite yet. But Here is why this palette is sooooo sooo great. 

The Contour Palette
This comes with a little mini smashbox contour palette... which might actually be my favorite contour palette. I don't quite know what it is about this palette... but it's just so creamy that it makes contouring very easy and blendable. It has a Contour, a bronzer and a highlight or setting powder... it really can be a very subtle highlight or something to put under a highlight... but I do really like setting my face with it... I just think it's a good little thing to include in a palette... especially when that Smashbox Contour Palette is one of their more iconic products. 

The Blushes 
The blushes in here are nice too. There are 2 of them... one that's kind of a shimmery orange and one that is more of a matte pink shade... these are really nice to put on with a blush and I love any sort of palette that has both eyeshadows and blushes. It just makes it easy to use- especially in a hurry. 

The Shadows 
So these shadows are both super great shades for everyday... but they're also the perfect amount of softness... it isn't too soft or too hard... it's maybe a little similar to the Kat Von D Shadows. They have a lot of great neutral colors that could give you a very soft, glamorous everyday look... sort of gives me an old Hollywood vibe. I used this for my Victoria Secret Fashion Show inspired look because this probably is something that Angels use and their makeup artists use... they're just really nice shadows and I like the colors. 

They have a lot of neutral and smokey shades in this too- which I really like. There are some great glittery shades and some with a soft shimmer to them... There's a light gold color that I've been using pretty much every day and it's just been really nice and easy to use! 

The matte shades in here are great- the shimmers are maybe a little better even. I just think they're really nice on the eyes and the mattes are very easy to blend and to use. The light cream colored shades are easy for the browbone... I really like them! 

The Packaging
I just think the packaging is really pretty. It's got a fun holographic element to it... not like "Holo" holographic, but like when you see a dvd cover for a kids action movie and you can see the picture changes a little when you turn it.... or like Chocolate Frog Cards from Harry Potter... it's pretty cool... and the colors are really fun... and it came with stickers too... which is fun. 


This is also HUGE... which is both a pro and a con. It has a nice, big mirror... but it could be hard to fit in a makeup bag and it isn't like you could do it on the go. The great thing about this is that you can just stand the mirror up and keep it on the counter, vanity, table, wherever you do your makeup and you don't need to hold up the mirror- it'll just stay there at a 90 degree angle... which is useful! 

Availability of this palette... 
So unfortunately, this palette is no longer available- it was limited edition from Ulta's website for the holidays... I don't think they still have any... but I would check CCO and Nordstrom Rack... maybe even Hautelook... so it might not be the easiest to get... but if I see it I might want to get it maybe to give to a friend or as a backup honestly because I do like it so much... I probably won't get a backup but... it's not a bad palette to back up. 

So yeah... there's why I like it. It's just been the easiest to use for me so far... so I really liked it! Sometimes just having an everyday look works for you... and lately I've been really into contouring also... so this has just been working especially well and I'm a big fan! 

I hope this was useful! I'll have an everyday makeup look using this palette as soon as I can... it probably... it isn't my next post... but it might be one of my first posts for March... so stay tuned. I'll probably do a youtube video of this also... so yeah! I hope you like this and I just wanted to mention it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 


Comments