Super Dramatic Look! Plus- New Contour Brush Set and a Contour Look Following Charts

I'm a dramatic person... so I thought I'd do a Dramatic Makeup Look to match it. Lol. Actually I'm not super dramatic... but I feel like I've been dramatic lately... partially because I just thought of a great book idea and I want to actually write it... partially because of literally everything that has inspired this book... but lets just get into it!

Note: this isn't the best makeup look I've ever done... but I tried a lot of new things and I thought I would share it. Also I did a video on this... but I've been doing too many videos lately and I've edited a bunch of them... so when I looked at Photobooth... it didn't get the video unfortunately! So yeah that stunk... but anyway- now you get a blog look and I'm going to try this again for the youtube video... so... yeah! This is just ALL about the drama! 
The Charts/ Brushes 
I just wanted to show the charts and what the brushes look like with a description of them... which they also show on the box... so yeah.

I just think this is useful... you don't need to follow this chart or listen to what the brush descriptions are... but it helps! 




Face 


So face is the focus of this look... but I did it out of order. I was focusing on using the Contour Brush Collection from a brand called Beauty Concepts... no idea where this is from- maybe TJ Maxx? Either way these brushes are great and I like that it actually has a chart for contouring because I had never tried that before... and I wanted to do it kind of like that. 

So I started with the Milani Prime Light Primer... then I contoured with the Anastasia Foundation or Contour Stick sample that I have in the color Mink... I did what the chart showed where I put it on my forehead in the "connect the dots" method and I used the contour brush to blend it... which was difficult. I like this brush... but it isn't really that dense for cream contour products... and the angle of it is very thin... and I don't usually like my contour that chiseled... it looked pretty obvious... I'm going to get more used to it because I like the idea of this as a contour brush... but trial and error lol. 

Anyway then I went in with the highlight... which I used the Nyx Color Correcting Palette in the yellow shades on my forehead, the bridge of my nose, cupids bow... and later browbone. I used the highlight brush that came with it... I liked this a lot actually. It just worked well lol. I use it again later... but I'll explain that then. It was kind of perfect for highlighting the way that the chart shows... might be my favorite of these brushes! 

I think I put my blush on next... and since I was going with all cream products and I've kind of been re-trying the Bite Beauty Multi Sticks for different things... I used the shade Cashew on my cheeks and blended it with the angled blush brush... this was another great one. I think this would do really well for powder or cream blushes... so that was good. 

Then I went in with the L'oreal True Match Lumi Glotion all over my face kind of as foundation... it worked like that... just because the other products I was using already gave me coverage... this just gave a nice glow... which I then added more too after lol. 

I used the Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer from the Book Of Bronzers because I didn't really have any cream bronzers. I liked this bronzer brush a lot too... that's going to be nice with the Smashbox Drawn in decked out palette because it's smaller and it can fit in there easily... so that's good. I'll probably use this for blush and contour too lol. It might be a little better for cream contour. 

Then I added a little highlight to the cheekbones, tip of the nose and my cupids bow... nose and cupids bow are a dangerous game when it comes to liquid highlights... but I thought I'd try it... and I used the Makeup Revolution Luminous Gold Liquid Highlight... these are packaged similar to the Coverfx Custom Enhancer Drops... but the similarities end there... this is a much chunkier formula... so on my already glowing look... it didn't look terrible... but it was just VERY glittery. It didn't look great on the cupids bow or nose... but I do like it on my cheeks. Some people might not though because the glitter is a lot chunkier than I expected. 

The great thing about this brush set is that it also came with an all over powder blending brush... which really helps the look look a little more natural. I used 2 powders actually... I used the powder that's supposed to be the "highlight" powder from the Smashbox Drawn In Decked Out Palette in the contour part... then I used the No 7 Powder highlight... both of these were good... I just wanted to be extra secure with these cream products, the fact that I didn't really use foundation... and the fact that I had a lot of highlight on lol. It was just good to double dose on powder today. 

I used the Milani Make It Last Setting Powder after everything too... plus I blended a little more and kind of blotted... lol. 

Eyes 

I was just going to use the Bite Beauty Lipstick in Gelato on my eyes... then I decided this would go well with the Dose of Colors Blushing Berries Palette because I thought it would be a nice base for that palette. I just used the first color all over the lid and the third color in the crease. Then I added Peachy Sheen from the Stila Glitter and Glow Line... just on the inner part of my eyes... it didn't look that good in close ups but it looks kind of normal on it's own... and I'm not going anywhere so I just wanted to make the look super dramatic. 

I added the Essence Lash Princess Mascara also. 

Lips 
Bite Beauty Multi Stick in Gelato. 

So overall... this is a look! Lol. Hope this was useful... like I said trial and error with these things... I just wanted to share because maybe you guys are dramatic too lately. I wrote all of this while listening to Take This To Your Grave from Fall Out Boy too... so an added bit of drama with some emo music lol. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments