Palette Report Cards: Too Faced Clover Palette

Sooo... I thought this would be cute to kind of grade these palettes based on different aspects of what I think is important to have in a palette and what I like the most. So I'll be giving the palette a grade of 1-5 based on different aspects- and I'll have a final number of the palette at the end. So I'm going to give this one final grade at the end that is just all the numbers added up together and we'll find out the total score... and that will be its grade. So the highest scorers are my favorite palettes... and that's kind of how we'll figure it out. So the categories I'll be grading on are 1.Versatility, 2.Inspiring, 3.Everyday Looks, 4.Consistency in Shadows, 5.Wear Time , 6.Pigmentation,7. Represents the Brand and 8.Wow Factor- which is how excited I get to use the palette. I'm going to do Packaging as a bonus not included in the overall score because... it doesn't really give you any info on the palette itself... as adorable as this packaging is- no one sees the package when you wear the shadows... so that shouldn't really count... but it is something important because I personally like knowing how cute and sturdy a package is... so packaging will be judged on Cuteness, Sturdiness, and Travel Friendly... because all 3 of those are important when choosing a palette to buy! If two palettes are tied... I think I might consider the higher scoring Wow Factor of the palette- because that's what I think is the best category... and then I'll consider the Packaging. If it's still tied... then it's a tie lol... but I'll try to keep an updated list of the favorites every 10 palettes I do... so yeah. I'll probably be doing this on older palettes as well as new palettes that I buy... so yeah!

1. Versatility-

This palette might be the best as far as versatility goes! There are so many different color options you can get with this palette... you can do a very neutral look or very colorful... you could do something really smokey... you could even probably do an all matte look if you wanted. I'll mention this in the "Represents the Brand" category... but I think this has everything you would want from any of the other Too Faced Palettes in one palette... so that's definitely a good palette for versatility reasons.

2. Inspiring 4.8- 

So I don't mean something is actually like an Inspiration-al type palette... I mean "Do I see a lot of different looks with this palette" and for this palette it is definitely a big YES! I'm not giving this a perfect 5 score because I feel like I might stop getting inspiration after a while because... while I did love it... I'll probably get into this more when I get into the next category... but if I were to only do everyday neutral looks with this palette... I think I'd get a little uninspired over time.

3. Everyday Looks- 3.5- 

Although the first thing I think people will see when they open up the palette are really nice, colorful shades... It does have a lot of neutrals and you can get some nice, neutral looks with this palette... plus you can get some good toned down colorful looks with it also. It's nice...again as far as versatility goes between everyday neutral looks... it isn't too versatile... so it's a bit low on this scale.

4. Consistency in Shadows-
This is a solid 4... I think I had trouble with a few of the colors when I was trying to do looks... that might have been my eyes at the time... but it seemed a little hard to use and inconsistent... so I would say it's a safe 4... I feel like I'm grading on a curve because I did genuinely love using this palette lol.

5. Wear Time- 3.6 
I had a few problems with this palette as far as wear time went... which isn't great because... wear time is an especially important part of wearing palettes... so yeah... this got docked a little more than in other categories... but that's just based on how important I find wear time... so yeah. It isn't terrible for the most part- but if it's happened more than once and I don't think it's just because my eyes were watery... I think it could have probably lasted longer and it faded a little throughout the day.

6. Pigmentation 4.7 
Not every shade is all that pigmented... but it isn't like there's any unusable shade... the browbone colors are light- which is fine. The crease colors are good for the crease... but idk how they would be in just an all matte look. But for the most part- the pigmentation is great.

Note: I did swatch the palette and I was going to put it here... but it didn't turn out great and I think it would just be more confusing. For some reason swatching these colors on my arm is not a great representation of what it looks like on my eyes... so just take my word... it's a 4.7! 

7. Represents the Brand  5
No question... this palette is an awesome representation of what the brand is. It has a lot of colors that are very much in other Too Faced Palettes so if you've seen a bunch of ones that you like- this one would be a really nice one to get so that you have a little bit of everything. It's cute- it has all other little "characters" from the other too faced palettes like the little peach and the peanut butter sandwich... it's just really cute and I just like it a lot. I think it's a fun little palette like that.

8. Wow Factor- 4.4 
So this just makes me excited to use this palette. This, the Huda Beauty Desert Dusk and the Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palettes are things I would say have had the biggest "Wow Factor" for me recently... where I've been sad to put the palettes down when I used it enough times to get a review. I don't know if I felt as strongly about this as I did with those palettes... but I did really love using it and I'm excited to use it again and again.

So out of a possible 40... this got 35 total points... nice how that evened out with the points... I wasn't intending that... but yeah- it's a good palette! Now onto the bonus points!


PACKAGING BONUS: 

1. CUTENESS- 5 
This is one of the best cute packaging designs ever... so obviously this gets a 5

2. STURDINES 2

Too Faced's packaging is all kind of the same... so while I haven't had trouble with this palette in particular... I've had problems with other Too Faced palettes. My Chocolate Bar Palette broke in half... and a lot of my older 9 pan palettes have trouble closing... so yeah these aren't the sturdiest as cute as they are. Handle with care!

3. TRAVEL FRIENDLY 3

This isn't horrible to travel with... it is a little bit bulky though... but it isn't really meant for being travel friendly... it's not bad for it- I'd still travel with this... but it isn't the best.

So that is everything! I hope you guys like this idea! I'm excited to be doing this now!

Too Faced Clover Palette Total 35 points, 10 Bonus Points and a 4.4 Wow Factor Rating! 

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments