Thrifty Thursday: Physician's Formula Healthy Foundation PROS AND CONS

I feel like a lot of my blog posts lately have been about the drugstore... but I wanted to review something kind of current... and I like this so I wanted to share the Pros and Cons of it! 

Pros 

I like the applicator... I know it isn't for everyone- but I think that it makes it really easy if you do your makeup in a hurry... so I like that. 

It's pretty good for dry skin... so in the winter months... this is something you might want to try especially... I feel like it'd look a little bit better if I had less dry skin... but it still looked pretty good most of the time... and I even did a "Glowing Skin Routine" on the blog and on my youtube channel... which I really liked doing! 

This has a good amount of coverage... I kind of like using it as a concealer also because of the applicator... it's not too full coverage- but it's a good amount of coverage! 

It comes with quite a lot of foundation in it. It's about twice the amount of the Elf Flawless Finish Foundation... and it's about twice the price... depending... so there's that. 

Cons 

Physician's Formula is EXPENSIVE! I think this was about $14 with no coupon... expensive for the drugstore. Like I said- it comes with a little more product than other drugstore foundations... but still! I think it's worth the price... but I also think I like other cheaper foundations better. 

Actually speaking of that... I was going to compare it to other foundations... but I think I'll compare it to them here because I don't like it quite as much as the Elf Flawless Finish Foundation or the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation... these are my no-fail foundations. I think this is better for the winter than the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation- which is a little fuller coverage and can look dry in the winter. 

The shade range for this kind of sucks... it is a little bit of a step up than most Physician's Formula Products... but if you're going to come out with a foundation line- you need it for EVERY skintone because no matter what skintone you are you are beautiful- and more brands need this! 

This does kind of wear off easily and it kind of looks funny on my dry patches. It doesn't look great on my nose... it's not terrible but it isn't the best. 

Sooo as much as I like the applicator of this and everything... I feel like the applicator is the main reason I like this foundation... but there are just better ones out there... and I think I'd rather try something like the L'oreal Trumatch Lumi foundation the next time I buy a drugstore foundation than this one... I just like all the pictures of myself wearing that foundation and I remember how much I liked it. I don't think I'll repurchase this... it isn't bad... but I don't think it's the best thing out there and it's expensive and there's a lot of room for improvement with this foundation... so that's kind of just my final thoughts on this. 

I honestly thought this would be a more positive review because I genuinely do like this foundation... but this isn't the best out there and I don't think it's something I'd give an awesome rating too... this might be one of my monthly favorites... but I don't think I want to purchase it after I finish it... so yeah! 

Alright! I hope you guys found this helpful and I will see you guys tomorrow with my weekly favorites! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 





Comments