Thrifty Thursday: Wet N Wild Flights of Fancy Collection Review

Okay... so I haven't had this collection for all that long- but I have used all the products and I know what I think about it and I wanted to review it while it was still in stock as it is a limited edition collection right now... and I feel like these products are all really, really amazing.

Wet n Wild has said that while this is a limited collection now- it may be re-released as a permanent collection if there is popular demand... Probably without the cute packaging... but still! That's exciting because all these products are pretty darn awesome!

Now the eyeliners aren't really my thing... but I did kind of like the gold one. I used it underneath my lower lashline and I liked that. When I was first really getting into makeup I saw a girl on the Path Train in Newark/Jersey City that was dancing or the guys she was with were dancing and she had what appeared to be black liner with gold glitter under her lashline and then I got one for under my lashline... so it reminds me of that- and I like it for that. It also came with a really dark green... I tried to line my upper lashline with that but I just couldn't do it. I'm not that good with liquid liner! It also hurt when I was taking it off... I think it was just because I tugged on my eye too much... but I'm a little scared of that. So these I probably wouldn't have gotten without the collection and I don't think these are really necessary...but they aren't bad.

I don't know if I would have tried the primer spray without this collection and I think that this is definitely a gem of the collection! It looks so good with the Photo Focus Foundation and it works so nicely. I've been using it before putting on my foundation- I let it set and dry a little and then I use it again after my face makeup. It just makes everything look really nice and it helps my foundation last a long time too.

I like the lip scrub... it tastes good like watermelon and it's really scrubby. I think this isn't the most exciting thing in the collection- but it works really well and I love anything watermelon flavored!

And speaking of lips... I don't know if I would have picked up any of the glosses without this collection... but I really love the formula and the colors of them too. They aren't too sticky, they don't have a scent to them... but they last a pretty long time! It comes with a light pink, a light peachy shade, a dark orange that's really unique and pretty, and a dark berry shade. I haven't had too much trouble with it bleeding outside my lips or anything... but I've been wearing the light pink shade the most. I like them! I'm happy I got them because I forgot how much I like glosses and these are just great formula. They're pretty great!

Wet n Wild's eyeshadows are always really impressive... and so far I've been loving these 3 quads in the collection. I really like the shade Flock Party, but I think this is one I can't get a full look from. It doesn't have a color that you can really use in the crease... which isn't too bad, I used one from the other palettes for that... but it makes it slightly more difficult. The very first look I tried with it looked a little muddy to me... but after that I kind of ended up liking it. I think Stop Ruffling My Feathers is a little bit easier to use and I like that a little more. I actually ended up doing a beautiful look with this that I'll post here sometime in June. I think that's the most practical of all of them... and today I'm wearing Hasta La Costa Baby and that's a really fun palette for the summer. I'll have to post this makeup look too!

I feel like the blushes are the best part of this collection! These are the same formula as their Mega Glow Highlighters... and they have a cute little hummingbird imprinted on it! The Shade Don't Flutter Yourself is kind of the neutral in between blushy color. It's more of a blush for me than a bronzer or highlight... but you could maybe use it as a highlight. It's a classic peachy color like Nars Orgasm and there's some nice shimmer in it too. Hummingbird Hype is the lightest and it almost looks like a bronzer... could probably be used as a highlight depending on your skintone too... this is just really pretty and it gives a nice sunny look. And the most pigmented shade of all is Dare to Soar... which is an awesome blush that gives a nice, youthful glow and it just looks pretty. This could probably work for a lot of different skintones. It's a really nice color! I hope they make it permanent because I do think this could work for a lot of people... and hopefully no one is too scared by it. I've been loving a bright blush lately!

Definitely check out this collection! It is a must-have! I've been LOVING Wet n Wild lately and I would highly recommend getting one of these products at least!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments