Dupes!- What Products are similar in color, formula... whatever!

So I'm trying to discover dupes for products and... I thought this would be useful to see what products are similar. I've done a few before and to be honest I don't tend to try to buy things that are too similar... but yeah. I thought I might give this a try. I think my most popular post ever is a long list of dupes for Stila's Kitten... and thats a big list.

Brick Red Liquid Lipsticks 
So one color that I had been looking for FOREVER and was so excited to finally get was Nosferatu by Kat Von D... and then when I got it I realized I had a few dupes. Lol. That happens.

So the first dupe is the Ofra Havana Nights Liquid Lipstick. These are dupes in color... totally not dupes in formula. But Havana Nights I think has a little more red and Havana Nights has a little more brown. Kat Von D's is a little easier to apply and lasts longer... but Ofra's is a little bit more comfortable.

And the third dupe I have for both of these is Nyx Liquid Suade lipstick in Cherry Skies. This is the most affordable of all and is just slightly darker than all of them. I like the formula of these a lot because it isn't super matte or super drying, but it stays on pretty well and the wand is easy to apply without a liner. There is another dupe for this in my collection too...

Nosferatu is always out of stock...Idk if Havana Nights is permanent, or if you don't like to order things online... Cherry Skies is a great alternative.

Kat Von D Lolita 
And for Kat Von D's Lolita we have Nyx Liquid Suade Lipstick in Softspoken. The color for these is identical.

Again... formula is a little different, but they're both comfortable. Lolita is usually in stock... but it can be hard to find sometimes because it is the most popular shade.

Pur Cosmetics Eye Polish 
So I love these. This isn't really a color dupe, but its a similar concept. The Revlon Photoready Eye Art duos are kind of similar to these. I use them more or less for the same reasons... so I'd say they are good formula dupes... and the Revlon is easier to apply... so that is nice.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal 
In the BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant palette, in the Bottom Left there is a highlight that is basically a more shimmery opal. I don't have the actual powder Opal, I have the Spotlight version and the Poured version and its great... but the BH Cosmetics is $30 less and its a little better... so... keep it in mind. Lol.

Mac Soft and Gentle 
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but Mac's Soft and Gentle is IDENTICAL to Elf's Baked highlighter in Blush Gems. Both are really good and I'd say dupes in Formula and in color. And they are great.

 I think the Watt's Up highlighter is the same too... I don't know where I have that... but its good.

Nars Orgasm 
This is a classic... so there are many dupes. Sephora has a baked blush duo... these are one of my favorite things from sephora... the one I have is Guava Glow. Its great. Not the cheapest dupe... but it is a dupe. Its not exact, there are no shimmers in Guava Glow... but they are similar and both pretty.

In my favorite blush palette the lorac Unzipped Cheek there is a color called Unimaginable that is a lighter color... but its very close. Most blush palettes have some sort of shimmery orange... some of them are lighter.

And in the Elf Blush Palette there is a color that I think looks the most like Orgasm. Its really a pretty color and this Elf Palette is my 2nd favorite of all of these items... the Unzipped Cheeks is my favorite... but this one is a little closer in color.

And there are several other dupes too... but yeah. These are what come to mind.

Too Faced Born This Way 

So... this isn't a great 100% dupe... but its close I think. The Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation is similar enough that I almost like this as much. I think sometimes this looks a little cakey on me, sometimes it doesn't. Kind of depends on my primer. The lasting power isn't amazing on either of them... I think its a little better on the Too Faced... this might not be the best dupe... and probably a bummer place to end on... but they're both pretty good. Too Faced is also Cruelty Free and the Maybelline is not... so thats something to keep into consideration... but both are similar.

I think that is everything. If you want to see dupes for Stila Kitten you can click right here. I'll try to do this from time to time...

So that is it. Hope you enjoy these dupes... and May the Forth Be With You.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments