Face Kit Collections + Mini Reviews

I love face kits...and I thought this would be a really fun post to do! I'm also going to include a few face and eye kits... just cause I use the face products in those a lot.

Lets start off with some awesome drugstore kits... ELF!

I think the Elf Blush Kit in Light is what made me really fall in love with Face Kits. This has 4 really great, pigmented blush shades that I just love all in one little kit! And its only $8 I think... so extra great. These blushes are just as good as high end... maybe even a little better. I need to use this more often because its really gorgeous!

And the Elf Contour Kit! I've heard people say this is just as good as a high end contour kit... and to be honest I don't really contour enough to compare it to a high end kit anyway. Lol. I think this works perfectly, it blends nicely and its just a good kit overall. Great for contour beginners like myself, or even pros. It isn't fancy and doesn't have a lot of different shades... but it contours nicely... so its good.

Next up... the Too Faced Little Black Book of Bronzers! I like having all the too faced bronzers because they are all really good, and this book of bronzers is just really convenient to have them all together in one place. Plus you can kind of use these together... and there are some bronzers that are awesome that no one ever talks about. I really like the Snow Bunny and the Endless Summer... and they don't get a lot of love. So this is really nice for that.

And probably my favorite high end kit of all of these... the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Gleam. This is sooo pretty. These highlights are really nice and pigmented and they just look so good on the cheekbones... I love them all. Really nice to have this and its one of my favorite makeup things just because I like being able to pick something up and just glow. Lol.

Possibly one of the first face kits I got... and when i realized I preferred kits to anything else, the benefit boxed powder kit... idk what its called, they seem to re-promote this every holiday. It comes with Bella Bamba, Coralista, Hoola, Dandelion, Rockateur, Sugar Bomb and a deluxe sample of Watts up... which I no longer have because the package got faulty... but I like it a lot. These are pretty. I used to reach for Dandelion all the time because its a nice neutral. All the other colors in here are really nice too. I love Hoola... its just a good palette. I need to use it more.

My Favorite blush palette of all is the Lorac Unzipped Cheeks. I've mentioned this a million times probably... but its just that good! These last all day and all night, they're all really pretty colors that work with a lot of different looks. Underrated is my favorite... just a nice palette!

And the Tarte Bling it On Blush Palette! I like this a lot. This one is no longer available, but they do one of these every year. I like the tarte blushes a lot and this is something I knew I wanted when the Sephora sale happened last year. These are great. Wear all day, these big pans are a little easier to get out than the tiny round compacts... I just like them. I think this is great.

Now a sort of all-in-one palette that I really like: In The Balm of Your Hand. This has some eyeshadows, but it has a lot of blushes and other cheek products too. The Mary Lou-Manizer is in this, the Hot Mama Blush, an In-Stain Blush and I think the Down Boy blush too. They have a deep bronzer too that works as a contour or crease shade also. There's a cream blush in here... its just a good palette for the cheeks and I find myself reaching for it for the cheek shades most often.

I have a Pixi kit that has 40 eyeshadows but it also has a lot of blushes and highlighters in it too. I think there are 6 blushes and 6 highlights... or something like that. The Highlights in this are awesome. Really got me into using highlighter in the first place and I just like the way it looked a lot.

I also got the Pixi Eye and Cheek Contour kit, which has a contour palette, similar to the elf... but also a few highlighters that are shimmery and some matte eyeshadows. I haven't used this quite as much... but I do really like it for contour. It isn't available anymore... but still its pretty good.

I have the Nyx Butt Naked Underneath it All Palette, which has eyeshadows, but also some great blushes and highlights! They have a really nice understated blush that I really like.

The Stila Whole Lotta Love kit came with 4 blushes in it too... and I like them... I don't love them... but I thought I'd mention that.

Pretty sure that is everything! I clearly like face kits a lot... lol. I just feel like I use face products more in a kit. I like looking at something and going "hmm should I use this today, or that." Or whatever.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments