Lip Swatch Sunday: Maybelline Creamy Mattes

I've had this idea for a longggg time... and I just finally decided to do it now. Basically I'm taking a full lipstick collection and trying on all the things I have from that brand. Most of these are going to be drugstore because thats what I have the most of... but yeah. I'll start off with possibly my favorite? Idk lol. Also I'm not blogging in May. Other than my Favorites and Monday Musts... everything else has been pre- written because my sister's wedding is this month... and I just thought I'd want the month off... So I've been working extra hard in March to get these up for you guys! Lol.

Anyway let me talk a little about these lipsticks and then I'll do the swatches!

And Keep in mind: I'm not a professional. I don't have great lighting, I am taking these on an iPhone 6s and I didn't have a tissue or a makeup remover wipe to get these off with.

- These are pretty matte, but I wouldn't say they are entirely matte. They aren't going to come off like a matte liquid lipstick... but they are a more natural matte finish, if you ask me.
- The formulas are pretty consistent... there is one slight inconsistency, which I'll talk about... but it still isn't a bad product.
- These have a scent. Its like Vanilla and Play D'oh... mostly Vanilla. I like the way it smells. Doesn't bother me.
-They feel like nothing on the lips. They aren't moisturizing, but they don't dry out the lips at all.
- Not the easiest to apply. I'd use a lip liner with the deepest color for sure... but they aren't bad.
- The packaging isn't bad... but HOW ABOUT WE PUT WHAT COLOR IT LOOKS LIKE ON TOP! Cause if I grabbed the Burgandy color thinking that it was a nude... There would be some problems.
- These are around $7-$8... so not the cheapest... but not gonna break the bank.
- I want some more shades! Not many others in the line appeal to me... so I think they should make some more please. Lol.

Alright now the lips!

First lets go with the first one I ever got... Lust for Blush! This was the only one in the original line that really appealed to me. Its a super pretty pink. Its a little different, but it goes with pretty much any look... which is nice for a color that is not a nude. There used to be a color whisper called Lust For Blush, but they did away with that.
Lust For Blush 
this is about to get real attractive... 


Andddd next... Touch of Spice! That is the nude of the range. Ohhh cool, I have a pink, a bright pink, a nude, a red and a berry... that is perfect! Lol... sorry. Ahead of myself but this is one people raved about and raved about and I was like "Nahhh its not gonna look good on me" and then one day I was like "I need to try it" and I liked how it looked on me... so yeah. Love it.

Touch of Spice 

really like this color. Ooo looks nice with my blush too... I thought my blush disappeared. Interesting! 


Next Up... Faint for Fuchsia! This is that bright pink I told ya about! Idk if this is still available, I got this in the Clearance section at Target... which is the only reason I got it because these are awesome lipstick and even if a color I didn't think I'd wear much was on clearance... if it looked like I could wear it I'd get it! And yeah... I like this one, need to wear it more.

Faint for Fuchsia 
You'll notice these are messier now... 


The next one is probably my favorite... Rich Ruby! This is just a perfect matte red color. I've worn this in a few looks... its not too deep but it isn't too bright either, its blue based so your teeth will look good and... I just like it a lot! One of my favorite reds!
Rich Ruby 

this isn't as hard to apply as it looks... I think I have redness on my chin and because I was swatching with no remover... it looks a lil' messier than it usually is. 


Last and... Probably least to be honest... is Burgandy Blush. I love this color and you can wear it and work it... the formula is tricky on this one though. Its a little more patchy, and you can kinda get Miranda Sings lips pretty easily with this one... as you might be able to tell.

Burgandy Blush 

This one is actually just a mess... its pretty though... but I don't think I'd recommend this one really. 


So yeah. Good product overall... really dig them... and I recommend picking them up if you like the colors!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments