Throwback Thursday: First Beauty Products

I thought this might be fun to talk about some of my first beauty products that I've ever tried and kind of reminisce about them and why I started getting to like makeup in the first place!

Foundation 

I don't remember anything too specific... but I think the first thing I ever used was the L'oreal Trumatch, which was for a Talent show I was in and I wore it that one time and another time I randomly applied it.

The first I used frequently was from Sheseido. Before High School my sister took me on a "Diva Day" and she took me to get my makeup done, so I knew how to apply everything in school... and I didn't end up doing it every day. It was just too hard to do every day in high school and I had gym first period anyway... so it didn't make much sense. But I liked doing it!

In college I got a cream foundation from Benefit that was shaped like a record. They still make it... I kind of want to try a cream foundation again. Now I don't think they would work with dry skin... but that one always looked pretty good... so yeah.

Concealer 
Probably NYC? I remember owning a stick concealer.

I did have one from Shesiedo as well... don't remember much of it.

The first one I remember picking up was the Maybelline Lumi concealer and I hated it. I know I wasn't using it the way it was intended... but I don't want something to just highlight like that, I wanted it to conceal and it just didn't. And I kept trying things like that hoping they would work and they didn't...and then I finally tried the Benefit Erase Paste and loved it and the Maybelline Fit Me and also loved that... so I'm just going to stick with those from now on.

Also now SUPER curious if I'd like that benefit foundation again since I tried the concealer. Lol.

Powder 
I remember learning about powder and thinking it was wonderful. Totally hadn't heard about it before getting my makeup done by the Shesiedo people... so Obvi, it was Sheseido.

And I had a retractable Powder brush from Sephora and it was the best thing in the world.

Eyeshadow 
I think my first was actually from Kat Von D. Back in the day, she had the most affordable palettes at Sephora and I didn't really know about the drugstore at the time. So I got the palette in Beethoven I think, which was a smokey palette and... it wasn't Shannon Proof. The black shade shattered... so it was just too soft and the packaging wasn't amazing and I guess I was a little harsh with my makeup... so yeah. All of that didn't help... but I still liked it. I just used like one shade all over the lid, don't know about creases or outer corners. I thought it was crazy to have more than one color on. Lol.

Mascara
I think it was one from Avon. I didn't know how to use mascara, but my friend did my makeup and I think I ended up using that one for a while. I also bought the Maybelline Megaplush and the Falsies Flared.

Lipgloss 
Shesiedo again... lol.

Lipstick 
I got 2 of the Revlon Butter Lipsticks... and I didn't think I needed anything else... and now for some reason I have millions of lipsticks and can't seem to get enough... lol.

Blush 
I got a $3 one from Elf cause I never thought I'd use it. And again... didn't think I needed more than one... lol. I still feel like I don't need many... and I have a lot... so thats a thing. But yeah. These are good, mine shattered... but I liked it.

Highlight
I have no idea what my first highlight was... probably also a $3 one from elf. Those are awesome. I don't think I've ever met a highlight I don't like. I almost wrote that I didn't know anyone I didn't like... but there are lots of people I don't like... but no highlighters! Lol. I feel like if you're looking to step your toes into a certain makeup product that may scare you... go with Elf. They have a great range of products and they're super affordable.

I think that is everything Worth Mentioning... I just thought this would be a fun thing to do. I love reminiscing about my first products.Lol.

Byeeee!
-Shannon




Comments