Tag Tuesday: The Perfect Palette Tag

So I thought I'd do an updated version of this. I did this tag a long time ago... and I wanted to try it again... so yeah. Its an old tag. Btw, I'm doing this in February and posting it in May... so There may be more palettes I have tried that are better... but I don't have them yet... so yeah.

1. Best Packaging
I think I have to go with my Tartelette In Bloom Palette. I feel like the packaging of this is really sturdy and its also very pretty. I love the Chocolate Bar Palette... but I have to say that has the worst packaging cause mine totally broke apart... and I don't think that's going to happen with this tartelette in bloom cause the closure is really good. And it isn't the most luxurious brand... but it feels luxurious to me. I like it a lot. 

For Cutest packaging though, I have to say I really like the Too Faced Sugar Pop Palette. It has different colorful Macaroons on it and its just adorable and looks like summer. 

2. Best Color Payoff
I think... this is going to be kind of a shocker... but the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette. All the colors are so pigmented and nice and what you see is what you get. With the mattes, the shimmers... its all so so good! And I just think its definitely amazing. 

My runner ups are probably the Lorac palettes... I have both pro palettes and both unzipped palettes... but the mattes on those are a little less true to color than the ones in the Carli Bybel Palette. I recommend them both... but for $12.50... you really can't beat the Carli Bybel Palette. 

3. Most Versatile
This probably isn't available anymore... but the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made palette is definitely a versatile palette. You can get some super neutral looks, but there are so many great pops of color in here that it just works so so well. And there are like thousands of looks I feel like I can get just with this one, small $35 eyeshadow palette... and I have to say pretty much all of the Anastasia palettes I've seen are incredibly versatile. There isn't really one that I have seen looking like a plain neutral palette... they always have some great colors and neutrals in their palettes... so I would say if you want versatility... go for those. 

4. Best for Traveling
The Balm's The The Balm of Your Hand Palette... I bought it specifically to take with me to my sister's bachelorette party because I can just bring this, Foundation and Mascara and probably a lip color and a few brushes... This has a lot of multi-tasking products that you can use for the face or for the eyes and it just works so so well. It has blushes like Hot Mama , It has the famous Mary Loumanizer... it has some great shadows in there and it is just overall an awesome little palette, especially for traveling. 

5. Biggest Regret
I think... this is hard to decide... I think the answer is probably the same as last time. The Wet n Wild Ho Ho Hollywood palette... its like a gel-like consistency and it just wasn't that good. Its so pretty too I kind of want to give it another try... and I love Wet n Wild and I don't want to bash them... but the gel shadows are just not my thing. Other people love them... I used them a little bit and it wasn't terrible... but idk. I should give it another shot... maybe I'll do that soon and post it... its old now though, but I think it'd still work because of how little I've used it. 

6. Best Color Names
hmm... I dont actually have this at the time writing it... But the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette has the cutest names I think. I love that they included the jelly shades and things that go with peanut butter. Its just adorable. I think that palette looks gorgeous too and I can't wait for it to come out... and of corse by now I probably have it and am not using it enough... lol. We'll see what happens. 

7. Least Used
Its a limited edition elf palette that I got at TJ Maxx... and its super pretty... but hard to use. Yeah I'm swatching it now its still nice... so I'll use it somehow if it works on my eyes... lol. Its really nice and pretty. I want to use it. 

Also I've had this $12 lorac palette since Christmas... and I still haven't used it. And its nice, its not the amazing quality of the other Lorac palettes... but its pretty great. 

8. Most Used
Idk! Lol. I switch so much... but I think the one that I used the most consistently for the longest time was the Lorac Pro 2 palette because its just the fastest thing to use and great in a hurry. This is so easy for a 5-minute look that I love it and use it all the time for that 

9. Most Loved
Not sure about this one... I think I'm going to go with the Too Faced Natural Matte just because I feel like I can actually hit pan on all of these shades easily and I would probably repurchase it if I do! Its so good, it blends nicely and you can use it alone or with other palettes... and I just love it. It has a special place in my heart. I have made a significant dent in Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie, which I think are 2 of the more unique shades in the palette that just work really well. When I got this palette, I felt like this is what was missing from my life. Lol. 

Also the Too Faced Vegas Nay palette... which I don't think is available anymore and I need to use more... but the shades in that are some of my favorites. 

10. Desert Island
I think the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons because I really love the palette and could get some great eye looks from it because this is another versatile one... and the matte shades are the best... but if I really did get stranded on a desert island I could eat this and it would work. Lol. But for real... picture a dessert island of all occasions. Going to work, Going to a party, Getting Married, Doing David Bowie Makeup... this palette can do all of those things. And it is just really a great palette. 

So that is this perfect palette tag! I hope you like it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments