13 Days of Blogoween Costume Makeup and Outfit:Day 1 Cave of Wonders Inspired Disneybound

Hello! Welcome to the first day of my 13 Nights of Halloween Challenge! I thought that for the next 13 days leading up to halloween I would do looks/outfits inspired by characters or people or something. Sort of the same concept as Disneybounding where it isn't necessarily dressing up as a character, but its using fashion to a look inspired by a character.

This was my first attempt at it... and hopefully I'll get a little better as I go... but this was hard to start off with. I wanted to do a Jasmine look... but the outfit wasn't quite right and the makeup look just wasn't working for that... so then I was going to say Genie... but it also sort of looks like the Magic Carpet, so I think it works as Cave of Wonders. You are the master of your costume... so you know it better... but just so you know I think its Cave of Wonders. 

Outfit 

I got this tank top from Target. Its just white with sort of a design on it. The design is sort of hidden because its part of the texture of the shirt, but its still really cool and simple but different. 

The pants are from American Eagle. They're flowy pants that sort of look like Carpet! These are really fun and would be very nice and light for a day in Agraba in the middle of the desert, and comfy enough to wear while trapped in a lamp for 400 years. 

For Accessories I have a a ring from Franchesca's and a bangle from Bauble Bar that is a cone shaped one. I actually got this in a kit with some Stila makeup, but I'm sure they have it on their website still. I don't have many bangles (aside from Alex and Ani) and I just thought this would be a cool way to incorporate the chains of the genie. The Ring sort of looks like a bangle and it goes well with the bangle. It also just kind of looks like a jewel that Abu might try on while in the chamber. 
ignore the foot

The earrings are blue disk earrings that I thought would look cool for this Aladdin look because 1) They're blue like Genie himself 2) Again, they kind of look like something you would find in the cave of wonders. I got these from New York and Company a few years ago... and they hurt a little, but they aren't bothering me right now. 

And my necklace is a choker from American Eagle. Again this is blue like genie and has a Cave of Wonders type of feel. 

Hair 
My hair is just tied back in a high pony tail... I don't think these hair styles will get too complicated... but I think I'll mention them anyway. 

Makeup 

Face 
I primed with the Too Faced Hangover RX primer and then went in with the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination. This would be perfect for Agraba because it is an SPF of 50... so you'll be safe from the sun. It also gives a nice glow without being too overwhelming. Also its in my Finish 13 by Halloween... so Hopefully I finish this in the next 13 days! Its actually August when I'm writing this... so that is why this is such a summery outfit. It could work pretty well if you're going to the parks for halloween! People will get it! 

For my blush I used a covergirl Instant Cheekbones blush. I don't know the color but it is the peachy one. And I used the middle shade in that as my blush and the end shade as a highlight. This is a great drugstore blush that just sort of gives a warm glow. I didn't go in with bronzer, just because I've been doing that a lot lately... but that would maybe be an even better look since it looks like there is no possible way I've ever been to the desert cause I'm so pale. Lol. 

Eyes 
For eyes I primed with the Maybelline Master Prime in the Matte version and went in with my Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette. It kinda looks like the sand in Agraba... or even a little like the guards uniforms. Take your pick lol. I started off with Unpredictable all over my lids... which I always say in my head like Vector from Despicable Me. And then Undeniable for the crease shade... which I've made a significant dip in so clearly I like it! On the outer corner I used Unleashed which is one of my favorite colors in the palette and for the browbone I used Undressed... another great shade and Unlocked in the inner corner I think... actually maybe Uninhibited... Yeah. Lol. But one of those... and voila! 

I lined with my Nyx Slide on Glide on Liner in Gilded Gold and then for Mascara I used my Ulta Amped Lashes and Rain Coat topcoat! 

I powdered with the Bareminerals Mineral Veil powder because it might get a little hot if I go on a Magic Carpet ride later and I don't want to sweat my makeup off. 

Lips 
Elf's Berry Sorbet Matte Lipstick. Love this! It gives a nice purple color without being too purple. 

Nails 
Dutch Ya Just Love OPI from OPI. 

Hope you liked this! Let me see your disney style or any sort of character inspired fashion you might have for Halloween... and that is everything! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 


Comments