First Impression Friday: Buxum Wildly Whipped Lightweight Liquid Lipstick in Centerfold

I know this isn't the newest product out there... and its something I wanted to try but I haven't heard great things about... but Sephora had it as a 100 point perk, so I wanted to test it out for review on here.

The Name 
First off: I did not know that this was described as a "Lightweight" liquid lipstick when I tried this on... had I known that... it would have made a lot more sense. It does feel more lightweight than a liquid lipstick... but heavier and less sticky than a gloss... and that is not a terrible feeling... but it isn't what I was really expecting from these...but yeah. The name says it all, so keep that in mind with this.

Application 
I applied this without a lip liner at first... and I didn't like how it looked. This might just be because this is a mini size, but the applicator was a little too big and the product itself was a little sheer... so I put on the Nyx Slide on Glide on Lip Liner in Sugar Glass with it and I liked that a lot better.

The application was still a little messy though because the applicator is pretty big and it is pretty liquidy... the Lip liner helped a lot with that... but keep that in mind. Especially with the darker shades.

Feel/ Smell 
It didn't feel drying at all... it just felt very liquidy and it just kind of sits there. It felt a little bit better after eating and drinking... which I'll get to.

The smell is really plasticy and bad... it bothered me for a few minutes... but it didn't linger too much.

Wear Time 
I did eat and drink right after I applied this pretty much... which I knew I was going to do, but I figured it wouldn't matter much because I already knew I didn't really like this product... but as it turns out this kind of looks better after eating and drinking! It gave a bit of a natural stain without totally disappearing. I liked that!

Should you buy these? 
Honestly, this might appeal to some people. I would say this is a comfortable, natural and pretty lip stain... so this is something I might wear if I were going out for drinks with friends or something because it just kind of wears well... but I don't really think its worth $21. I think maybe this could be a good color to mix with other colors... but I don't really think these are worth the price. I would go with something like the Ultra Satin lips from colourpop or even something like the Maybelline or Revlon Liquid Lipsticks because those are kind of similar and a lot cheaper than this.

I also don't think I'd want to try any deeper colors than this because the applicator was just kind of tricky.

Hope this was helpful!
Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments