Palette Smackdown: Lorac Pro 2 vs. Lorac Pro

So this is exciting! One of my favorites: The Lorac Pro 2 vs a cult favorite, the Lorac Pro. I've always liked the Lorac Pro 2 better... I'm not sure why. Its the same formula, I'm sure... but the Lorac Pro 2 just works a lot better for me.

Lorac Pro 2- 
This was the winner last month and I still really like it! I love the ease and simplicity of it... I kind of put it up against the Lorac Pro because I figured it would be an easy win... but yeah.

So the first time I used this I used the Elf primer from the Primer and Liner Sealer... and that didn't work with these shadows at all... might be because it's an older palette... it might be because it just doesn't work with it... but it just didn't work with the shimmer shades at all. I also used the Pur Cosmetics Eye Polish in Cashmere... so that might have been the bad part of the look... I might try it again... but yeah.

The Second time I used this with the Jordana Made To Last Liquid shadow and it was amazing! It wasn't just because the Jordana does have a rose gold color... the color from the Pro 2 did cover it nicely and it just worked really really well! The mattes worked well, the shimmer is great... and it just was amazing. I loved the look. I didn't wear it all day just because honestly I've been loving taking my makeup off lately. Like I love putting makeup on and I liked the way it looked... but I love taking it off too... so if I'm home for the night I'll take it off kind of early.

Lorac Pro
I was really really surprised at how much I liked this palette... really shocked! I always kind of thought this was harder to use than the Pro 2... but it was really easy to use and I was super impressed... this may be the best palette ever... I might be eating my words thinking that this was a little overrated... its like "OH... I get it now." So I really really need to try both of  these again and again to really get a good feel for them... hmmmmmmm....

I also used new brushes for the palette today. I've never had a really great crease brush or really eyeshadow brush in general... but I got some It Brushes for Ulta and it really really made a difference!

And The Winner Is.... 

I'm actually giving it to the Lorac Pro... didn't see that coming at all! I wore it last night and it lasted a long time... there's some glitter fallout when applying it... but overall... I need to use this one more because it might just be the best dang palette out there! I'm really impressed with it and I just think it is the perfect basic neutral palette!

On the next Palette Smackdown I will face the Lorac Pro against the Lorac Unzipped Gold because I like the Unzipped Formulas a lot... but they have a lot of the same problems that I have with this Unzipped Palette.

Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments