How To-sday: Getting Ready inside of a Car? Mistakes and fixing them! (I don't drive, someone else was driving... don't do makeup and drive!)

So I didn't really know if I was going to blog about this or not... so I didn't take pictures of what I ended up looking like... but I kind of didn't do everything just right and I thought I would let you know how I could have fixed or avoided some of the problems that I had with the look... so yeah!

I was going to a party and I thought that I would do my makeup before leaving for the party... and I actually did have time to, but I had never done makeup in a car before... and I was like "Meh... Might as well try!" So I did my makeup in my friends car!


Foundation And Primer 
I ended up using the Maybelline Better Skin Foundation with the Smashbox Primer Water. I sprayed the primer water onto a brush to blend the foundation in more.

Mistake #1- So this isn't a mistake I made in the car... but a very general mistake that I need to work on a little  bit better I've been kind of neglecting my skincare and when I'm not wearing makeup... my face doesn't look all that different... but when I put on foundation... it does look different. That's the only real reason I can think of for my foundation not looking so good lately... and I think maybe I'll do Instagram Stories to help me remember to do my skincare... Idk I need to do something about it!

Mistake #2- This isn't the best way to do your makeup in a moving car! If I had known I would be doing makeup in the car I would have used the Urban Decay One n Done with my fingers because the brush... which usually isn't that streaky looked a little streaky in the car mirror.

Mistake #3- Probably need to clean my brushes... Yikes.

What I Did right: The Smashbox Primer Water is a really good primer and it's very easy to use in the car or just in a hurry.

What I Did Right: I didn't apply too much foundation. I just did one layer... I didn't try to build because it just wasn't really working.

So for the corrected look: 
I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin One n Done... which I did layer a little bit to build it up. I skipped the primer Water before... but I used it after. I used concealer as well... cause I needed it.

Cheeks
I had a brought the rose gold palette from the Tarte Holiday Set last year and that came with a blush in it... so I used that and I used the Wet n Wild Boozy Brunch Highlight. I used a fluffy brush for the brush.

What I Did Right: Its easy to just have one all-in-one palette. The blush in this goes with the eye look and Tarte blushes are easy to apply, they're natural looking and they last a long time.

What I Did Right: The fluffy brush really helped the blush a little more fool-proof. I could build it up... but I could control it not looking like too much.

What Else I Could Have Done: I could have eliminated a brush and used a cream blush like Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle instead.

What Else I could Have Done: Again, I could have used a cream highlight... I think powder is easier for car makeup. Or I could have used a blush and highlight palette or something easier like that just because this particular palette has no mirror... so a mirror on one of these products would have been nice. I had the car mirror, which is fine... but yeah.

What I did Right: I used a drugstore Highlighter. That way if it got lost or broken... its not too bad if I needed to get a new one.

Mistake: It could have shattered and gotten on my friends car... Didn't think about that, but be extra extra careful!

So for the corrected look 
I did the same thing... I liked how it looked a lot. I built the blush a little more

Eyes 
For the eyes I used the same Tarte Rose Gold palette from the Limited Edition Holiday Set last year. I primed first with the Elf Primer and Liner Sealer and then I went in with the color Glitzy Blitzen all over the lid, Rose such a Clatter in the crease and Sparkling Punch on the outer corner. Once the car was stopped I used the Ulta Amped Lashes Waterproof Mascara for my lashes.

Mistake #1- I don't think the Primer Works all that well with the Tarte Shadows. This primer doesn't usually crease... but they did here... It might have been because I applied it in a moving car... maybe I should have waited till my friend stopped. It just looked like too much.

Mistake #2- A 2 shadow look might have worked better. Just easier.

Mistake #3- I've done this look before when I've used this palette... that isn't really a problem... but I noticed I wasn't totally thrilled with the look because I knew the look already and... idk. I could have tried something a little new...

But... I think it is kind of better to use a look you're familiar with for this type of quick look... that being said there aren't that many options of what to use in the palette... so its easy to just look at it and come up with looks... I didn't necessarily think that at the time... but now I'm like "Yes... I can see all different looks with this... I'm going to use it more!" So... its pretty good in that way!

Something I did Right: Again... kind of said it already, but this wasn't a complicated eye look... I didn't do a smokey look or anything like that... Just plain and simple neutral look.

Mistake #4- This was my first time using the Amped Lashes Waterproof in a while... and it was a new tube... and it was a little heavier of a formula than the original Amped Lashes Mascara.

Something I Did Right: I only used the one mascara instead of using the topcoat along with it. That's a little less complicated.

Something I Did Right: No waterliner... so that was good I guess. It just made things a little bit easier.

Mistake #5- No mirror!

How I fixed it- I used the Jordana Made to Last Eyeshadow in Not A Wink Pink as a primer... this has a little bit of glitter fallout, which is why I didn't use it in the first place... but it wasn't too bad using it today. I put Rose Golden Rings all on my lid instead of Glitzy Blitzen... just to spice it up. I also put Rose such a clatter in the crease and outer corner so that it was an easier 2-shadow look. I applied my mascara a little bit better too... so that was good. It was easier this time!

Lips: 
Waited till we were stopped and I used the Too Faced Lip Insurance Primer and an essence lip liner and then Smashbox's Primrose lipstick... which I liked. I wouldn't have changed that because it didn't take long and it helped lasting power... I didn't wear it in this look today... but I would have!

eye close up 

full face... you can't see the cheeks that well... but they looked really nice when I first applied it and before going out in the rain... it still looks pretty good too! The blush and highlight are really really nice. I forgot how amazing Tarte Blushes were! I really think this all turned out better too! 



This is the Smashbox Palette... its a horrible lighting... it looks better on my phone than here actually. So... check my Instagram. Shannonsreviews and that will show a little bit of a better picture. Its not sunny out today, so its hard to get a good picture. Its a good palette though. I like it!

Byeee! Hope this was fun and helpful! Not exactly GRWM In the Back of My Rolls Royce... but still nice! Hopefully better!
-Shannon

Comments