13 Days of Blogoween Day 11: Great Dark Lipsticks for Costumes or National Dark Lipstick Day!

So today is National Dark Lipstick Day... which is perfect for fall and Halloween... so I'm going to be talking about some great dark lipsticks. These would be great for halloween costumes or just for Dark Lipstick Day!

First one I'm going to mention is the craziest of all: Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick in Who's Zoomin Who. This is a crazy, blue color that actually applies and lasts pretty well! Its comfortable too. I haven't worn it too much... but I do really like it and I actually have a look with it somewhere in this blog... I'll try linking it somewhere!

Another favorite is Kat Von D's Nosferatu. I won't lie, I got this because I love the name Nosferatu... but this is really pretty. It doesn't last all that long on me... but its still really a good color. I like it a lot.

A similar color is Ofra's Havana Nights, which is one of the collabs with Kathleenlights! Its nice and dark... again it doesn't last that long on me... but it is a pretty color and it is comfortable on the lips! I really like Ofra's lipsticks for their comfortable-ness... they don't set on everyone. They set okay on me... and I like the! Its pretty good!

One that does last a long time is Maybelline's Superstay 24 Color Lipstick in Keep Up The Flame. I just got this from Influenster and it works really well. I used this in my Maleficent look and it lasted nicely for a long time... and it wasn't all that uncomfortable! It isn't too crazy of a red either... which I really like too! Overall its just a good one! I would recommend picking it up!

Another one I might actually use for my costume this year is Rich Ruby from Maybelline's creamy matte line. If I'm going as Rosie the Riveter... which I am thinking of because I know I have a denim shirt I think I'll use this lipstick instead of Keep Up The Flame... just because this is easier to reapply if I need to and its just a little more red and not so deep that I think it'd be good for Rosie!

I don't like Burgandy Blush from their line very much. Its a nice color, but it is so patchy! I don't know why... but I really don't have many good burgundies that I can 100% recommend. One that I do have is Fig from the Smashbox Legendary Lipstick line... and its a nice color... but it isn't matte and Burgandy in this formula slides around a little bit... and a lot of other colors are just patchy. I think whatever I buy next or at one of the Sephora or Ulta Sales will be a burgundy lipstick or liquid lipstick maybe... I just don't know what I want.... haul coming soon though lol.

I have Shame from Urban Decay's Revolution line too... but that is also not matte and does slide around and is hard to apply... and its a little patchy too... so that's hard.

I like the Smashbox Legendary lipstick in Inspiration for a nice dark pink. I feel like people don't talk about dark pinks in Dark Lips video... but this deserves a mention! Lol. I like it a lot and it is pretty dark. I don't know... that's my dark pink recommendation lol.

I think that is everything... I hope this was helpful! If you wore a dark lipstick today, lemme know what you used! Especially in the Berry/ Burgandy family!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments