13 Days of Blogoween Day 6: Halloween Musts

Here is sort of a Monday Musts, but its mostly about some makeup that I think is useful to pick up for Halloween. And I'm not going to mention typical Halloween Store Makeup because I haven't been using any of that. And that's stuff you kind of know about... this is stuff that you've probably noticed I'm using a lot with all of this and just stuff that comes in handy that you could maybe find at your drugstore or sephora or somewhere like that.

1) Light foundation 
I think a very pale foundation would give kind of a ghostly look. I always see people using the Maybelline Fit Me for a really pale foundation because they have such a good color range that that works. Its something that also works if you mix it in with your regular foundation color. I haven't been using this... none of my looks have called for that... but I think its something useful to think about for halloween. I was going to call it "The Holidays." Lol.

2) Contour Palettes- I think a contour would be good for halloween makeup too. For some spooky looks you want to sort of highlight your flaws... so its an interesting way to use a contour palette. I think a deep contour would be good for a spooky skeletal type of look. Its just useful to have. I have elf and wet n wild... those would be good.

3) Colorful Or Versatile Eye Palette- That was a big thing for me this year and last year for the halloween looks. I used The Electric Palette from Urban Decay a bunch, Last year I even used the Sugar Pop Palette from Too Faced for a Harley Quinn look... I've been using the Lorac Pro Metal palette a lot in this challenge too because they have a lot of different types of colors. I used the Green color for Tinkerbell, the yellow gold for the Candy Corn look and the Queen of Hearts look... that came in handy! Versatile palettes are great, and if you have a colorful palette... this is the time to break them out!

4) Dark Lips 
I'm going to have a post on my favorite Dark Lips on Saturday... but if you're going to be a vampire or... pretty much a lot of people you can be with a dark red lipstick. I think last year or a few years ago EmilyNoel83 was Rosie the Rivetor and she was really good with a red lip... it just kind of transforms everything!

I also think something is fun like a blue color... Who's Zoomin Who from Too Faced is a really good blue color. Nyx has some... there are a lot of options now for crazy lip colors and I think those are all really good for Halloween.

5) Smokey Eyeshadow 
I think a smokey look would be good for a lot of different halloween monsters and characters as well. I either did a look with this, or I will soon if I didn't. So any sort of smokey shadow or palette would work really well.

6) Red! 
I already went with Dark Lipstick... but I think red lipstick, red shadow... if you have red eyeliner, those would all be pretty perfect for Halloween!

Okay... I think that is everything... hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments