Review: Makeup Revolution Blush Palettes (Hot Spice + Sugar and Spice)

I have some kind of mixed feelings about these blush palettes...not going to lie. I do love them... they will probably be in my monthly favorites... but they aren't the most easy palettes to work with... and it can kind of look a little bit too much at times... so I don't know if this is really for everyone.

I think if I was just starting off with Blush... this wouldn't be the best. Some of the blushes are kind of light and buildable and some are pigmented... but they go on the face a little patchy almost. You kind of have to use a big fluffy brush and make sure to blend it out quite a bit. If you don't use a fluffy blush... its a little harder to blend. I like the Tarte brush that's in their new Blush holiday set that is an ulta exclusive I believe... its just a really really fluffy brush. That works well with these blushes and the real techniques multi task blush and the blush brush. Not the Bold Metals blush brush from Real Techniques.

That's really the only con with these blushes... and I don't really mean to say it in a bad way. Its nothing like the Milani blushes or anything... but for the value its still pretty good. There are 8 colors for $10! That is not bad. 6 of them are regular blushes, 2 of them are baked I usually use the one lighter baked blush as a highlight... it works really well for that. And that's why I like these palettes. I can grab them easily and there's a bunch of blushes and a great highlight. I like the one in the Sugar and Spice palette a little bit better than the hot spice... although I think I liked hot spice better at first.

The Palette itself is actually great too. its sturdy, with a nice closure... and my favorite part... a big mirror! I think it even comes in a box too. This is something that I'm probably going to include in a gift guide somewhere during Blogmas (yes... there will be a blogmas and blogoween.) And it is one of the best products you can get for $10 I think! It is really nice and easy to use... its just such a good one!

I'm not sure which one I like better either... At first I liked Hot Spice better... now I kind of like Sugar and Spice more... but these are just good, everyday colors and a great palette. I'm super happy with it and I just think these are great.

So even though I do have mixed feelings with these... I guess I do love them. I wouldn't really recommend them for beginners because I think I would have used entirely too much blush if these were the first blushes I used... but for now, I think its pretty great! I really like ease of use of it... and I Like it! I don't think I would pick up any more... but I love grabbing for a quick, easy look!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments