Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion and Favorite Fridays! (Introduction blog)

Introduction: 
So I thought I would change things up a little bit on this blog... I thought of the title kind of randomly and then I kept adding to it and eventually... this is it! This is very much an "on a whim" type of change to the blog... and it isn't really going to make things any different... but it's going to kind of switch my Monday Musts a little... because this will take the place of Monday Musts... which is shocking to me at least... monday musts are something I hadn't planned on changing at all... but I liked this idea a little bit more.

So if you've noticed on this blog typically I like to have an array of posts... I like doing one drugstore blog and one Non-Makeup Blog every week... and usually there are some high end product reviews and high end products are mentioned throughout the week. Here I'm just going to talk about them all in one place.

I also love to shop of corse... but lately, I've been loving to shop my stash just as much as actual shopping... so I think this will help me do that a little bit more. I've also been really into fragrance reviews lately- I've been watching The Fragoholic on Youtube a lot... and fragrance has sort of  always been an important thing to me... but I feel a little bit more connected to fragrances lately. I think it might have to do with the Dr. Teal's Eucalyptus Spearmint Bath Soak being kind of like aromatherapy to me... plus I've been writing something and I'm using a fragrance to sort of set the mood of what I want to write and I really wanted to include a weekly fragrance post of what I've been using and loving.

And then when I wrote down the name of the blog I was like "Ohhh I could include fashion too!" And then I also wanted to do a random favorite... so it all sort of worked together to create my new format of Weekly Favorites. I thought this would be a little bit more concentrated and I can really focus on these things and give you a really really great honest review that would probably reflect how I am as a person a little bit better than the Monday Musts. I'm really excited about this... so now onto the F's!

Frugal 

My frugal product of the week is definitely the Milani Eyeshadow Palettes. These were something I tried last year and I kind of cast them aside and I was like "ehhh these kind of muddy on my eyes...I'm not really sure what the hype about these is... I'm not going to use them anymore." Then it was the anniversary of my Instagram Account- Shannonsreviews and I saw that these were one of my earlier reviews... and someone had actually been asking about them recently too. Daniandjensepicjourney on instagram... she's awesome so shoutout to her!

Anyway I figured it was a good time to give these another chance. I have Earthy Elements and Bare Necessities... I really loved the look I did with Earthy Elements... Bare Necessities was a little harder to work with... but I was using a different primer. I used the Elf Primer and Liner Sealer with Earthy Elements and with Bare Necessities I used The Elf Pearl Primer... which I think I've used up a little bit more... so that might have something to do with why it didn't work the same... but Earthy Elements was great and I don't understand why I didn't like it in the first place... I had tried it quite a bit last year... but I guess maybe I'm more patient or maybe with the different primer it worked better... idk! But it worked really well and that is my Frugal recommendation of the week!
Here's my look with the Milani Bare Necessities palette. It's a bit blurry.. but you can see what's going on. Foundation is Elf Flawless Finish. Bronzer, Blush and highlight are from the Elf Beautifully Bare Face Palette. Mascara is the Ulta lash primer and Amped Lashes Mascara. Liner is Honeydude from Colourpop in the waterline and the lips are Bumble from Colourpop. Ohhh and face primer is Maybelline Master Studio Blur and Illuminate- Eye Primer was the Elf Primer and liner sealer. 

Fancy 
For the fanciness this week I am going with the Smashbox Primer Oil. I got this at ulta during the last 20% off sale... plus smash box was having 5x the points. Unfortunately, I did drop quite a bit of it so there is significantly less in this bottle now than there should be... and idk if I would repurchase a full size just because I know I'm irresponsible and that will probably happen again... but, I'm liking it a lot right now. I use this before I put on foundations, I've been using a brush with foundations a lot lately and I like something a little bit more liquidy to try and balance that a little bit. I think it makes the foundation go on a little less streaky and it looks less cakey on my dry skin. This is also pretty long wearing. I don't think I'd buy this if you were looking specifically for a long wearing primer- probably not the best option because it is an oil so it can make you oily, but for dry skin folks this is a winter must.


Now it looks like I've used a ton... haven't used that much though! 

Fragrance 

I've really been shopping my stash with perfumes this week... I've been wanting to buy more perfumes... but I don't use the ones I have all that much... so I've been using them a little more because they all still smell fine... and I think I've worn most of what I have in my collection sometime this week... but right now Viva La Juicy is standing out to me the most.

It's a really nice, sweet scent. There's some caramel, there's some fruitiness and it's just a really great scent all around. I have a limited edition version with shimmers in it... that doesn't really show up all that well on my skin... maybe it does subtly... but that doesn't take away from the sweet, fruity floral fragrance. I just really like this and it's been great. I've been wearing it casually in the daytime... it isn't too deep, I  think it's okay to use at nighttime also. I'm not sure if this is something I'll continue wearing in the summer... it isn't the most summer friendly I don't think. I'm not really an expert but this is something I will probably end up wearing quite a lot now.

So yeah... I'll let you know more if and when and where I use it... but right now I'm loving it for day to day use... it's really a nice fragrance and I'm liking it a lot!



Fashion 
So for my fashion favorite this week I am going to say my coat. I love this. It's a peacoat with a sort of houndstooth pattern... I just think it looks very chic and trendy. I can usually be seen wearing a Betsey Johnson handbag, Glittery Ugg Boots and if it is really cold glittery ear muffs... and the jacket really kind of pulls it all together and makes all my more fun winter accessories pop a little bit. I got this over a year ago... so it looks like I've worn and loved it for a year and I don't really know if you can still get it, but I still really like it a lot.


There you can see the brand name, I got this at Boscov's! 

With the purse. It's cute! 


Favorite 
The First 2 episodes are on NBC.Com now and the rest of the season will air Tuesdays at 9/8C on NBC! Highly recommend, especially if you loved Parks and Rec or Arrested Development. So funny! 

My favorite random thing of the week... I think I have to go with Trial and Error. It's a new comedy on NBC that's sort of like a satire of shows like The Jinx and Making a Murderer. It reminds me a lot of my favorite shows, Arrested Development and Parks and Recreation. So this is a totally perfect show to me. I have a review of it right here on my other blog... so go check that out if you are interested.

By the way... I won't really be stopping with the fragrance reviews or the drugstore reviews or anything... I already have a bunch scheduled for the upcoming few months... and I have some more products I'm trying out... those will just be posted on a Monday or Tuesday now probably.


Comments