Worth It Wednesday: Urban Decay After Dark Palette

This is honestly one of my favorite palettes of the month... but it's not something that I loved right away... and idk if I needed this palette in my life.

This swatches better than any other palette I've tried. It is very "What you see is what you get" type of thing... if you go to sephora and swatch it... get ready to take it home because it will come home with you. Aside from it swatching amazing... the packaging is gorgeous, so you're going to want that too.

This doesn't have a matte color in it for the crease... I don't really mind that. I have enough palettes and shadows that I can just grab one if I need it... but it is a drawback for some people... so keep that in mind. If you don't have a lot of matte shadows... this wouldn't be great. This isn't really a great beginner palette either. It would be because the shadows are amazing... but the way that they're arranged and the fact that there are no mattes makes it a little less beginner friendly. The shadows are easy enough to work with if you are just getting started with makeup and it is easy enough to come up with some looks for it... but if someone was just looking to get into colorful makeup looks or something... this would be something good to use. I liked the colors of it a lot! It was pretty and nice!

This doesn't last very long on the eyelids... today I had troubles with some of the lighter neutral shades... I kind of had trouble with the shadows lasting... might need a better primer with it. I've never found one primer that just works with absolutely every shadow... I don't love the formula of the Urban Decay Primer Potion anymore... but maybe that would work better? I'm not sure... I'll try it with the Lorac primer or something because I have a bunch of those... but yeah. Haven't found much that works well yet.

I feel like this would be a good palette to travel with... you would need another palette with it if you wanted a matte crease color... or you would just need to use a bronzer or something with it... I think its good because you can get some very versatile looks with it, not all neutral and not all colorful... I think that is pretty cool. And I like the selection of it all.

As good as the palette is and as happy as I am with it... I kind of don't think it's worth $49. There is a lot like this... I probably have all these colors in my collection already... there are some Makeup Geek Dupes in here... there's just a lot of palettes with these colors that I like having them all in one color... but it's not something I think "YOU GUYS NEED TO GO OUT AND BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!" This was an impulse buy for me more or less... I loved the swatches of it and I won $39 on scratch offs... so it made sense for me to buy this... but yeah. Not the best palette you can get.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments