March Favorite 2017- Makeup, Non Makeup, Shop my Stash!


March was kind of a crazy month here at Scribbles About Beauty! I didn’t try a whole lot of different things, I do have a lot of non makeup favorites and a lot of “Shop My Stash” type of favorites… so I do have a lot to talk about… although it isn’t a very palette heavy month or makeup heavy month really… there’s a lot here, so let’s see what I’ve got! 

I’ll start with the non Makeup Favorites. First off I’ve got to mention my Dr. Teal’s stuff. I’m still loving the Eucalyptus Spearmint Foam Bath… so I won’t talk about that very much. I have a review on that coming soon and I talked about it last month… so I’ll get back to that. One that I really, really loved this month was the Lavender Sleep Epsom Salt. That was just really relaxing, it’s useful to have around in case you have aches and pains, but you could also use it as a scrub for your body or your feet… it’s a very handy multi-purpose product and it was just a good one for me this month! 

Speaking of Eucalyptus Spearmint: The Bath and Body Works Stress Relief Collection! I Have the lotion and the foam bath and shower gel… it’s really nice. As a foam bath, it smells sort of light and minty. On my skin it smells kind of like a sexy man… which I don’t usually like wearing as a girl… but this is relaxing and just clean-smelling. I guess that’s my standards for men: Clean. Really raising the bar here! It’s kind of unisex, very natural smelling and relaxing. It just works really well. 

A youtuber I’ve been into this month is The Fragoholic. I started watching his videos because I wanted to get a Katy Perry Perfume… and I did end up getting it and liking it… but he’s just really funny, helpful and he seems like a nice guy… and that got me interested in wearing perfumes this month… and here are my favorites of those… Katy Perry Meow is a really nice sweet, cotton candy like perfume. It’s under $20 for a 3.4 oz or 100mL bottle… so it’s super budget friendly and it is just a really nice everyday fragrance. It has a cute bottle with a cat on it and I just really like it. My favorite “Shop your stash” fragrances this month were the Juicy Couture Perfume. It’s the first perfume they released I believe… before Viva La Juicy came out they had this, and I have a larger bottle that has shimmers in it. I just really like it. It’s kind of floral, but there’s also sort of a sweetness in this, which I like a lot. And I just really like it. Another favorite is Princess by Vera Wang, which is a lighter florally scent… but one of the notes in it is Dark Chocolate, so there is a hint of sweetness in there too and it’s just really nice and good for the spring, or just everyday. I like it a lot! 

While we’re on Fragrance, the Mystique Forever Shower Gel from Caress… this is sooo super affordable but it just smells soo soo good. And the shower gel is a little glittery so it looks super pretty when you put it on your wash cloth. The scent lingers a little, which I like a lot. It’s just a good one overall. I used the Adore Forever shower gel last year around the spring and summer and hadn’t picked it up since then… and now I’m like “where have you been all my life?” It’s one of the best body products from the drugstore for sure! 

I have a couple more non- makeup favorites that are kind of more honorable mentions… so I’ll add them in at the end… but one of my greatest TJ Maxx finds, ever maybe are the IB Beauty Oval Brush Set. I’ve really been liking the foundation brush. The Concealer, Bronzer and Lip Brush have also been getting a lot of love in my collection lately… not so much the eyeliner brush, but that is mostly because I don’t use gel liner very often. It’s a good one! 

Milani Amore Matte Metallic Liquid Lipsticks… these are amazing! You NEED these in your life right now! They wear a really long time, they’re pretty comfortable for the most part and they are SOOO metallic. I wasn’t really super into metallic lipsticks when I got these… but the formula of these is just sooo great that I can’t stop wearing these. They are just so nice and I seriously CANNOT say enough good things about them. They impressed me a lot this mont! I loveeeee them! 

Speaking of lips… my other favorite lip thing of the month was the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette. I got this sort of in the middle of the month… I haven’t really used it a ton yet, but I’ve used it enough to know it’s the most fun I’ve ever had playing with makeup. I’m not a professional MUA, I don’t freelance on anyone, the only person I bought this for is for myself and it was a great purchase. Sometimes you just need to be like “You know what, I’m worth it! Let me get this just for fun!” It can get a bit much reviewing makeup products every day… when something different comes into your life… you cherish that! Too deep…okay onto my next favorite! 

The “Shop my Stash” Favorites are pretty good seasonal products for the most part. It’s not like I couldn't use bronzer in the winter or fall… but I don’t always like doing the extra step then for a bronzy look… so my Elf Cool Bronzer in the mosaic-y packaging doesn’t always get a lot of love… and that is crazy because this is a perfect little all in one thing. It makes a good contour, there’s a white color that I’ve used as a powder before under my eyes… there are just a lot of good things about this product and it doesn’t get a lot of love. Similarly, the Maybelline Master Hi Light Blushes… these have been discontinued and I was going to declutter them… but then I used the pink and I loved it! Someone on my instagram actually complimented it as well, so it wasn’t just me being like “woahhh didn’t use this in a while and it’s awesome.” Other people noticed it too! So yeah I have a pink color and the light bronzer color… the pink one is my favorite… but they’re so so good! If I ever see more, I’m picking them up for sure. Maybelline, What the heck? Why you gotta discontinue good stuff? Also the Wet n Wild Boozy Brunch Highlighter. I had misplaced this for a while and uncovered it recently… it is absolutely amazing! Highly recommend trying it out! It used to be called Hollywood Boulevard in the Fergie line… but then they discontinued and re released her line… so it’s Boozy Brunch. I wish I was in that meeting where that word association game was played to get Boozy Brunch from Hollywood Boulevard… but yeah. It’s a good highlight! 

Higher end- Shop my stash products: The Jouer Essential Matte and Shimmer Palette. I love this, I have sort of an everyday go-to look with this palette… which I think I did on this blog in my “bold lips” makeup look post in January… but it’s a good palette. I just really like it for everyday use and I keep reaching for it. The Fiona Stiles foundation is my other shop my stash favorite for the month… I’ve kind of been using this everyday for the last few months… so I guess it makes sense… but it’s still good regardless and a favorite. 

I liked the Smashbox Primer Oil a lot this month too. I have pretty dry skin- this just makes it a little easier for foundation to go on… I think I’m using too much of it and I spilled some of it… so I’m going through it quickly… but it’s good. 

Some Ulta Brand favorites: I’ve been using the Amped Lashes Mascara again, and it isn’t really my Holy Grail the way it used to be… but I still like it a lot and want to use it up more. And the Ulta Shadow Primer… that seems to be working pretty well for me, and I’ve been liking it. 

The Fortune Favors the Brave Palette from Makeup Revolution is kind of an honorable mention. It was good, I haven’t used it a ton, but it’s versatile, the quality is great for the price and I like the looks I’ve done with it a lot so far. It’s got pretty packaging for a Drugstore Palette too. My honorable mentions in the non-makeup category are the Cakestand, which I did a post on not long ago… which has been really handy for keeping my “go To” products well organized. And my Chapstick Total Hydration Lip Balm… which works really well, smells and tastes good and I’ve been trying to finish up this month… so that’s been a good product too! 

Hope you guys like this long list of monthly favorites! I really liked this months products… good stuff here. Love trying new Non-Makeup items and I love shopping my stash… and that’s mostly what I did this month… so that’s been nice! 

Byeee! 

-Shannon 

Comments