Fragrance Freak Review Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar

It has been a while since I've done one of these... so I thought this would be a good week to try it!

Monday 
So I really liked this a lot today. Last Night I used the Velvet Sugar Lotion on my legs and arms and I think that that helped the fragrance last longer throughout the day. I was smelling it more or less all day! I went to visit my sister and my baby niece today and this just made me happy. It lasted a long time and I liked the smell a lot. It sort of has a happy, baby like smell. Very sweet smell... which I like a lot. Now it'll remind me of her a little bit, so that is a good thing! Lol.

Tuesday 
Tuesday I reapplied it kind of a lot. I didn't use the lotion the night before... so it didn't last all through the day. I did some grocery shopping and when out with my friends later at night too... so I did kind of a lot, it would have been weird if it did last all day... that would be amazing though, but I wasn't really expecting it. I didn't get stinky throughout the day... so that was good at least!

Wednesday 

It was kind of hot out today... but I still wore a coat outside because it's Jersey Winter. Could get cold at any time... you can never tell. It was in the 60s today and tomorrow it's supposed to be a near blizzard... crazy! Anyway it didn't last that long today... I was too sweaty from wearing a coat, walking all around target. So... it didn't really last all that well. I didn't really re-apply it...but yeah. It was alright!

Thursday 
Snowed in today! I didn't wake up until a little bit later... I might put some of the lotion on if I notice the scent disappearing... but I think it should be okay. Just applied it and I already feel a little bit better about the snow day. It feels more exciting!

This reminds me a lot of the end of college for me. I wore this when I was commuting to Newark. I've also been watching the beginning of Jane The Virgin... which was my favorite show back then. I watched it before class a lot of times actually... so I feel like those together are bringing me nostalgia and I like that... this was the last semester of college when I was able to take the easy classes... so that's pretty good!

Friday 
I was going to say I can't really smell it on me right now and I haven't done much and I didn't really have it on all that long... but now I smell it a little bit better actually! It smells really nice and light right now. I did use some of the lotion on my legs... but I don't think I used it anywhere else... it still smells really nice though. I think maybe I got some in my hair... I might try spraying some more on my clothes... might have had this on last time I wore this shirt too because that would make sense... although this shirt was washed since that... so maybe not. Huh. This still smells nice though, and I'll probably spray a little bit more on my shirt.


More info for Fragrance Freaks... 
I just read Nouveau Cheap's blog about the Still Perfume from Jennifer Lopez... and I don't think she's necessarily a fragrance expert... but she went into good detail on the scent... so I thought I should go into a little more detail on this lol. This is how it's described on the Bath and Body Works Website "Savor every moment of this sweetly sumptuous blend of red velvet créme and golden plum laced with a swirl of sugared musk, pink jasmine and wild strawberries. Too much is never enough."I definitely get some of the Red Velvet, Strawberries and sugared musk... I don't necessarily know what Pink Jasmine smells like... but I think I have other fragrance mists from Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret that also contain that note. It's very sweet. I think maybe I would compare it to Prada Candy as far as high end scents go... I don't totally know what Prada Candy Smells like... but this isn't unlike that.

It is also almost a combo of Pink Chiffon and Paris Amour from Bath and Body Works. I love both of those... they were in previous Fragrance Freak Fridays... so those are some good ones. 

Overall this is pretty great! I would recommend it if you like sweet scents. I believe this is still part of their signature collection. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments