Tag Tuesday: Palette Recommendation Tag

Best Palette For Beginners 

I'd say something like the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette. It's a little hard to find, but the first time I was doing makeup and understood where everything went on my face and stuff like that was with the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes... I think I would recommend the Peanut Butter and Jelly over that because I like that palette a little bit better and you can get more varied looks with it. $36 doesn't totally break the bank and you can do some good neutral looks with it! I really love it! In my Top 5 permanent palette favorites.

Best Drugstore Palette 

I'm going to say the Elf Mad For Matte palette. I was going to say something from Nyx... but Nyx isn't quite "drugstore" priced in my opinion... so I would say go for the Mad For Matte for sure because it's $10 and the quality is so good you would think it's a high end palette. If you knew Elf a long time ago and traveled in time and got this palette... you would be impressed. I mean... I'm sure the Elf Palette wouldn't be the most impressive thing about the Time Travel... but still if you were super into makeup and familiar with elf... that would make sense... and then you could go back and maybe change other things that need changing. Maybe cure David Bowie or stop Kim and Kanye from being a couple or something.... Anyway- Point is... this is the best palette from the drugstore. And Time Travel is cool.

Work and School 
I'm going to say the Jouer Essential Matte and Shimmer Palette. You could get some smokey looks with this palette I guess... but for the most it's all neutral and easy to come up with looks with. It's a good one! I just really like the looks I've gotten from it... it's pretty cool!

"Natural" Color 
Too Faced Natural Mattes... first off it says natural in the name, and it's just a nice all matte palette. Very blendable and easy to use. It's one of my favorites... definitely in my top 5. This does not have a matte black in it though... I know that's kind of make or break for some people... but it's a great palette and I like it a lot!

Bang for Your Buck 

This one I think I would say the Nyx Butt Naked Underneath It All Palette. The shadows in here are really great quality, plus the blushes and highlights are gorgeous as well. This is still available at Macy's for around $25 I think... it's just a really great palette and you can get a lot of versatile looks and pretty much a full face of makeup... so it really is a lot of bang for your buck!


Best Palette For Your Skintone 
I'm going to say the Fiona Stiles Artist Palette. This has some lighter neutrals that would work well for lighter skintones. I think it would probably work for darker skintones also, but for my skintone I think this works well. It has smokey colors too that are nice and light... it's just a good palette overall.


Best For My Eyes 

Hmmm probably the Warm and Cozy bundle from Makeup Geek. This is technically not a palette... but its a nice selection of warm colors that look nice with my brown eyes. I think it's really pretty and I just like it a lot. One of my favorites!

All In One 
This might sound a little weird, but the Pixi It's Eyes Time palette from It's Judy Time. I used one of the shimmer colors as a highlight and one of the orangey colors for a blush and I just really liked how it ended up looking. I thought it was nice!

Best Palette for Travel 
I think the Tartelette in Bloom would be good for travel. It isn't an "All In One" palette... but you can get a lot of looks from it and it is one that would be safe for travel. I just like it a lot! It's a good one!

Wouldn't Recommend 
Idk if I'd recommend the L'oreal La Palettes. I'm going to try to use them again soon... but right now... idk. They aren't cheap even though they're drugstore and I don't really think they're much better than the Maybelline Nudes. Just my opinion... most people don't share this... but they are expensive for L'oreal!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments