Anti- Haul! March 2017

I was writing a haul and then I decided... why not do an Anti Haul also... because that's just a good thing to do!

First off: The Pur Cosmetics Trolls Palette. This looks adorable and colorful... I'm sure it's great quality Pur Cosmetics is a good brand... I just don't think this palette is something I'll ever really use and I'm just kind of resisting all the Trolls collection products. This is the 3rd Trolls beauty collab... and I just don't get it at all! I get one collab... I think this palette looks the prettiest and I think the Hard Candy one made the most sense... but seriously? How many Trolls products do we need? I have a handbag and a wallet from the Betsey Johnson collab... and I love them... but they're very small and clearly made for children... also I'm pretty sure the Pur collab is only available at Kohls... and I don't really like Kohls that much... so I won't be buying that.

The Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palette... Morphe shipping is just too darn expensive for me to be like "Yeah... let's try this makeup out. Totally worth it." I've heard amazing things about Morphe... I've heard not great things about Morphe... I have a feeling it's not something I would be able to use that often because I have sensitive eyes... the Juvia's Place palette sometimes bothers it... so I have a feeling Morphe would also. I know Jaclyn says if you don't like Morphe and you don't like her you'll still love this palette... I would say the same thing too if I were trying to get you to buy something. Lol. It's just something I'm not going to tempt myself with.

The Tartiest Pro Palette... I don't think I've talked about this before... this is just something I've heard bad reviews on and based on the reviews... this palette is misleading. The 4 duo chrome shades are said to not be duo chrome.... and I kind of feel like less is more. I do admire that Tarte is doing something a little different with this palette... and I like that this is permanent... but it's just not for me. I want Tarte to do something like their Trueblood palette again. That would be awesome!

A bunch of Urban Decay Palettes are out that I don't want... The Full Spectrum, the Naked Smokey, the Nocturnal Shadow box... these are either similar to other things. The Full Spectrum I've heard not great things about... same with the Naked Smokey and I just don't want them. The Nocturnal palette looks like the Ammo Palette that I got last year on sale... and it's all just looking the same. I'm not going to buy palettes from them just because they're on sale. I love Urban Decay and I think my collection of UD products is good... but yeah. These are fine... I just don't need them!

Some Too Faced products I'm not going to buy... The Peach Blush and glow kit... I'm just not buying blushes anymore. I feel like the Peach Eye palette was quite different because there really weren't any "peach" palettes... but there are TONS of peach blushes and lipsticks that there really isn't anything unique about it. I like the lip oil that I have... and I might buy another one of those... but idk. I just don't get the big deal about peach blushes... there are probably millions of peach blushes... I don't care that much that it smells better.

ANYTHING KYLIE COSMETICS! NO! NO! NO! First off, they're charging wayyy too much for the lip kits and glosses. I've heard they're okay but they have the same ingredients as the $6 ones from Colourpop. Plus the scandal with their Peach Palette is just too much. Some people ordered the palette and it smelled rotten. People were complaining that it smelled like chemicals, and I believe people were even saying it was making them sick or giving them headaches... and customer service did nothing about it... I believe you can complain with the FDA if you have a problem with your palette. I don't always get migraines but around November and December I was getting them pretty badly... I was more light sensitive (maybe I'm a vampire?) but some people are sensitive to scents... and I haven't smelled this... but I'm sure it could give people migraines and that is something I would not say is "safe for use." It's terrible. If you like the colors of this, Futilities and More is an instagrammer... and I believe a blogger that does Makeup Geek dupes for makeup products and she did a really pretty one with this palette and makeup geek shadows... that is probably more expensive but I'd rather use something that I know I like.

There are other things I could probably add to the list... but I think that is enough for right now. I might try going into Sephora soon and swatching some of the newer Kat Von D things and doing a "what I didn't buy" thing... but right now that is everything!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments