Nighttime Routine

So, I do this routine pretty much whenever I don't do my hair... or at least that is what I try to do. Basically if I don't do my hair- I try to do a face mask and if I do my hair... I don't do that!

I'll have links to other things related to this blog at the end because I sort of did a few blogs that are to lead up to this particular blog. Lol.

First I take a bath... for the most part I use a shower gel from Bath and Body Works. Right now I've actually been switching between Bath  and Body Works White Mocha Kiss Shower Gel with an Ulta Vanilla Caramel shower gel. If I use a bubble bath, lately I've been using the Dr. Teal's Eucalyptus Spearment Relax and Relief bath soak with pure epsom salt... it's really nice and it helps me with headaches, colds, body aches... it's really really relaxing and I just love the smell. I usually try to sit in the tub till the bubbles disappear if I can because I like it so much!

For shaving gel I've been using the Harmon Smoothing Shave Gel or the Theraputic Shave Gel... I used up the Theraputic one and I'm onto the Smoothing one now... I like them both... but if I had to repurchase only one it would be the smoothing one. It's a generic version of the Aveeno one by the same name... the first 5 ingredients are the same... so I figured "eh, close enough!" So if you don't live by a harmon... the Aveeno one or whatever generic brand they have of that is probably really good. It's great for sensitive skin. The Smoothing one is the closest shave I've ever gotten and I just love it! It works really well!

So first I wipe my makeup off with the Erase Your Face Wipe... these are makeup removing towels that are a drugstore alternative to the Makeup Eraser... I've never had the Makeup Eraser... so Idk if that's all true... but it works so I don't really need the Makeup Eraser!

I remove my eye makeup with the Johnson and Johnson Head To Toe Wash. This is what my eye doctor recommended using for my eyes. I have a stye that I get every once and a while if I don't wash my eyes... technically I'm supposed to do this if I'm not wearing makeup either... but right now I'm just using it for makeup... I should change that... anyway! Just had a stye too... it isn't fun!

Then I use the Simple Micellar Water to remove the remove my face makeup even more... I like making sure the makeup is off as much as it can before cleansing... idk why. I just feel like it'll make the actual cleanser work better or something. Lol.

The cleanser I use after that is the Purity Made Simple cleanser from Philosophy. I got a sample of this for free from sephora a few years ago and I loved it! It worked really well!

Next up: Scrub! I switch up my scrubs based on how my skin is. If it's dry I'll use the Boscia Tsubaki Exfoliating Powder... If it's breaking out I'll use the Garnier Charcoal one and if it's both or in between or if I want a quick mask I'll use the St. Ive's Oatmeal Mask.

Then I usually wait a little bit and then use the Tea Tree Toner from The Body Shop. I got this at Ulta... should probably get a backup soon... but this is what I've noticed works for me. Introducing a toner helped my skin a lot!

After that I'll use the L'oreal Charcoal Mask... I have a review of this that I'll link at the bottom... but this is a good mask. If I don't do my hair I TRY to remember to use this... it's supposed to be 3 times a week... so that's what I try to do... but it doesn't always happen. This whole skincare routine hasn't happened in a while tbh... need to get better into it. Lol.

Before bed I'll use my eye cream which is the Toulon Ultra Hydrating Eye Gel. I put this under my eyes and on my forehead because this was a birthday gift from a friend and she recommended doing that!

I'll moisturize with the Elf Night Cream. This is super nice and affordable and just feels luxurious.

And then usually I'll also use the Tarte Maricuja Oil for a bit of extra moisture.

What I like to do if I didn't do my hair is some sort of dry shampoo. I've been using the Bumble and Bumble or the Batiste lately and I'll put my hair in "The Slapp" which I've reviewed and will link in the bottom.

It's been cold lately, so I wear a pair of socks that I got from Boscovs... that are some sort of Thermal socks... really nice!

And then I go to bed! And wake up and do other stuff! Lol.

Links: 

Review: The SLAPP

Haircare Routine for Curly Hair

Skin and Hair Care Caddies

L'oreal Charcoal Mask Review

I think that is everything! Hope you guys like this!

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments