Alex and Ani Jewelry, A lot of Drugstore Items, A Fail, and a Blogging Perfume??? Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion Favorites Friday: 7/21/17

Happy Friday! Let’s just get right into it! 

Frugal 

A few Frugal Picks today… first off the Colourpop Yes Please Palette… this is amazing! These are my kinds of colors- they blend really well… they show up really pigmented and gorgeous…Today I used it and I layered one of the shimmers over one of the mattes and it just worked really well… I’m just loving this palette right now. Highly recommend picking it up when it comes back in stock! 

And I have to mention the Essence Pure Nude Highlighter in Be My Highlight… this thing is just amazing! It gives such a nice glow that just looks like your skin looks awesome that day- not like a highlight. This is kind of what I wanted Laura Gellar French Vanilla to be… and it’s not that I don’t love French Vanilla Still… I just think for the price and the amount of product you’re getting… if you want a nice, subtle highlight go for the Essence Pure Nude! 

And the Milani Make It Last Setting Spray… this stuff is just awesome. It works well as a primer- as a setting spray… I just love it! 

And I’ve got to mention Sophisticated Sable from the Covergirl Instant cheekbones line… I’ve been doing bronzy looks lately and this is great to go with those bronzy looks. I love it. 

I’m going to mention a fail this week too… I think it’s a fail. I really liked it when I put it on, NYC Sunny Bronzer… but I think I broke out because of it. It might just be because it’s older… but I think I need to toss the bronzer. It’s a little sad and I love it. 

Ohhh and a favorite… Revlon Pango Peach! What a great lipgloss! So underrated… summer must have! 

Fancy 

I only have 2 fancy products this week… but they’re good ones! 

First off the Tartelette in Bloom Palette! This is an amazing kind of underrated palette… I’m going to do a series on this on my blog… so I’m going to be using this a lot… without totally spoiling the series name… but you will see a lot of this. It’s a good one. And I’ve been having fun with it. 

And the Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer. Just used that today as I’m writing this actually… and I can tell I’ll probably be using it all week… it’s just a really nice, unique bronzer that gives a good glow and the Too Faced bronzers are kind of the best. I love them! 

Fragrance 

I have a few current Fragrance favorite type things… but I think I want to give the shout out to Hot Crush from Victoria Secret Pink, this is a really nice, sexy perfume that has Jasmine and Caramel in it… and that just makes it really sweet and floral and I just love it. I had been using it specifically to write on my beauty blog… but idk. I really want a “Beauty blog” scent and maybe a personal blog scent… I blog at the end of the night though so sometimes I just want to use a stress relief lotion or something though… but yeah. This I rediscovered as a “blogging fragrance” and now I’m not sure if that’s what I’ll use it for. It’s special though… idk. Lol. I’ll let you know what I decide. 


Fashion 

I was excited this week because I went to Alex and Ani… and I got a couple things I’ve been eyeing for quite a while. 
It was hard to get my camera to focus and it's hard to tell how these look online... so I really wanted to get a good picture! 


The other necklace I have on is the other strap you see... it's also from Alex and Ani. 

One that I think I’ve wanted for about a year… maybe just since November… but I’ve pretty much always wanted the Path of Life necklace… I think this is beautiful, I think the meaning is beautiful and I just LOVE this necklace. It’s so pretty and I just really like it… This one sells out a ton… so I really wanted to snatch it up… and I’m excited! 


I also got the Crystal Spike Earrings! The only one they had in store was the Rose Glow… these are even cooler looking in person than they were in real life. I’d never ordered them online because it looks cool but it doesn’t look amazing… in person, on the ears… it looks amazing! I’m really loving these… now I’m looking at some of the other crystal jewelry from Alex and Ani… I pretty much only buy Alex and Ani Jewelry… It has more meaning, it’s great quality and it’s my style. I just love it. 

Favorite 
I think my favorite this week has been The Dis- which is a Disney news podcast/ youtube channel. They went to California for the D23 convention and all the videos they've been doing... and everything they've done is just really cool. I want to go to the Star Wars Hotel... ugh! So good! 

I've also just been loving youtube... but more specifically... I love just adding videos to my watch later list. Like I'll see all the youtubers I like and what videos I want to watch and I just add it right to the "watch later" playlist and it is awesome! 


On top is the lobby for the Star Wars Hotel, The Middle shows the model of what Star Wars Land will look like at Disneyland I believe and the bottom is the rooms for the star wars hotel. It will be completely immersive and the hotel looks out into space and is even more immersive than the land... it's crazy! The hotel will be at Walt Disney World and will be a luxury hotel... so it'll be pricy... but it looks worth it! Disneyland and Disney World will both be getting "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge." But Disneyland will be getting it a little earlier. I think they are both set to open in 2019. 
 



Comments