Bye, Bye Benefit!

I wanted to do my top 5 Limited Edition today... and I probably will later... haven't had time to write it yet... might not till tomorrow at some point... but I thought I would talk about a brand that I really like that I'm not going to purchase any more... I won't feature them on my blog and I won't mention them on instagram. This is the last time I'll ever talk about the brand... other than the things that I've pre-written if it's mentioned... I'm sorry... I'm just done excusing their sexist advertisements.

Benefit was under fire once before for their ad showing "Ew" To a woman wearing glasses and "Wow" or something to a woman without wearing glasses... which is a negative thing on women... I wear glasses, I love glasses... I don't often show them in pictures because of the glare and it's easier to see my eyeshadow without them. Honestly... Can't find this particular campaign online... but here are some of their other ads.

These just upset me. When I looked up "Benefit Sexism" ... I wasn't expecting these two ads to pop up... but I can see why it's upsetting. I never read the text on these... and it just kind of sucks. Women aren't just about being easy and having fake boobs... it just makes me angry. 


The new "Skip Class, not Concealer" is the latest to be under fire... to be honest, I never really paid much attention to the other ads. I like benefit products, I do like the Boing concealer a lot... but I can't in good conscience talk about a brand that in my opinion is demeaning to women. They have the whole "retro" vibe... but we don't need the "retro" sexism in the ads.

And... I think they did good by showing MannyMUA and Patrick Star in their ad campaign... that's still kind of risky for major cosmetic brands to do... and it was a cute ad and I liked it... but they haven't done much else since then... and I'm just kind of tired of this brand constantly doing this. I like the Boing Concealer, I like the That Gal Primer... I'll still use these in real life... but I can find replacements, I can stop talking about them on here...so I will.

I actually had the Benefit Rollerlash point perk and the Benefit Dandelion free GWP in my cart at Sephora... but they pissed me off too much... so I won't get their free gifts! That'll show em! lol. Jk... I'm just too pissed at this brand to even want to buy from them anymore. I don't need them in my life anymore.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments