Anti Haul: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MORPHE JACLYN HILL PALETTE+ More stuff I didn't buy!

Do you want to know THE TRUTH about the Jaclyn Hill/Morphe Collaboration????

The Full truth? 

Nothing but the truth????? 

I didn't buy it... lol. I've been seeing all these click-bait-y titles saying "THE TRUTH ABOUT THE JACLYN HILL MORPHE PALETTE which just kind of goes to show you... everyone's aware of the dishonesty of these makeup brands... no one is sure what to trust, who to trust and why they trust them maybe? Idk... but that's what people click I guess... and I kind of find it funny. 

No judgement for loving Morphe, hating Morphe... whatever you do with Morphe shadows I don't mind. I haven't really heard bad things about them... for the most part everyone I know IRL likes Morphe... I just don't think I need them in my life at the moment. I'm not a huge Jaclyn Hill fan, It's not that I think she's a bad youtuber... I like her favorites videos and she did a great foundation routine video once with a lot of good tips... her voice is a little fast for me to keep up with though. She's super talented and I can see why people like her personality... it's a bit much for me though. Idk, she's probably a nice person I just don't have any of her collabs.

Ooo maybe that should be my thing. I'll be the person with no Jaclyn Hill Collabs. Exclusive club lol. I kind of want Champagne Pop though... but I think it's the same as Wet n Wild Boozy Brunch... so I can live without it.

Not bashing Jaclyn here... I watch her favorites videos and I trust her tips when it comes to foundation routine type videos... tutorials aren't really my thing and I think that's mostly what her channel is... yeah I actually just added a drugstore haul of hers on my watch later playlist... so that's cool... but meh.

Other people really want the palette on the restock... I just don't want it so I'm not buying it.

The Naked Heat Palette- I kind of want this palette... so it isn't totally on my anti haul list... but I don't think I'm going to be buying it in the next year... and I probably just won't buy it period. It swatched really nice and it looks really pretty... but I just got a palette from Milani with pretty similar colors that I don't think is a dupe... but I like the colors better and they worked really really well anyway. The Milani Essential shimmers. Haven't used it on the lid yet... but when I swatched it- I really did think "Urban Decay Who???" It was that good... and I do like Urban Decay a lot... I just don't need this palette right now. I usually say these anti hauls are written in stone... this isn't written in stone... but I can't see myself buying it soon.

Becca Chrissy Teigan Palette- I'm not buying this... it looks nice. I never got the Jaclyn Hill palette obvs... which is what this is more or less being re-marketed as. This is a bit old at this point... but I don't think it's going to suit my skintone very well... so I'm not going to buy it.

Tarte Swamp Queen Palette- I've heard good things about this palette and meh things about it... nothing bad about it... so keep that in mind. This palette is kind of being discontinued from the looks of it... so it's been discounted a few times... and I don't want to buy it just because of the Discount and that it's a collab. I'm a big fan of Bunny's videos... but I don't think I need this palette to prove that. My friend Ashley, aka Not_your_ordinary_bombshell on instagram has this palette and she's super talented and beautiful... so I would recommend checking out her IG if you're curious about it... but I've lived without it so far... so I think I'll live without it now.

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette- This is hard because I love Jouer... and I love collecting their stuff... and this palette looks GORGEOUS! The thing is... I haven't used the Springtime in Paris palette all that often... and I just don't see paying $40 for this whole palette... if this is ever half off or almost half off... maybe I'll pick it up... I've heard the shadows are amazing- but that they're kind of smokey all together... which I don't see myself using. I don't think these are the foiled shades I'm looking for. I'm sure they'll make something else that I'll want more.
There was a star wars reference that was too obvious to not put a gif in... also I realize this isn't a gif... couldn't find the gif I was looking for either... #obiwancontrolstheinternet

Becca Lip Toppers- These look super pretty... idk what the official name of it was... but these have been quite buzzed... I was a little underwhelmed... with all the lip toppers out there... these didn't seem like something I needed... and then I saw Jenluvsreviews best and worst june countdown and she didn't really seem to like them... and they don't sound like they're worth the money... and aside from the highlight products from becca... everything else is a little underwhelming. I like their blushes a lot too... but the cream lip and cheek thing... not my favorite. So maybe that's something comparable... idk- these aren't something I really want to get. 

Too Faced Beauty Agenda- Ugh... this just looks lame. Too Faced's holiday palette has an agenda in it that I kind of want... but I don't want the palette... so it's luring me in with my love of notebooks and just giving this boring looking palette... not a fan. 

I think that is everything I'm anti hauling right now... I'll let you know when there's more. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 


Comments