Makeup Chit Chat: Youtubers I'm watching, New Blog Series, Changes to my Instagram, and More

I thought this would be a fun thing to post just to sort of let you know some things I'm doing and some things I'm liking in the beauty world lately.

So lets start off with youtube... I hadn't really been watching Beauty youtubers lately... partially because there are a lot of people who's videos I don't love anymore and if there is someone I watch... I don't necessarily want their videos to have an effect on my posts on various social medias... and with the new notification bell thing... I feel like that just kind of sucks... let's be real. It's like subscribing a second time... but I shouldn't have to subscribe a second time... all of my subscriptions should just be on my page the way I want them to be. Seriously youtube... you have ONE job!

And I kind of wanted to make sure I was watching what I wanted to watch too... I'm not going to buy a Chanel foundation... do I need to watch a ton of reviews on that? No. So I just kind of make sure to look through my subscriptions and hit the Watch Later playlist and then I'll watch later... and if I haven't watched it in like a week or so... maybe I'm not as interested as I was before and I can delete that. I also arrange the videos by run-time... that way I kind of know "Okay, this is a longer video, I can watch this when I get ready in the morning. This is a short video... I can watch this during the commercial break." It's just a little easier to manage.

So what youtubers have I been watching? A lot of bigger youtubers I've kind of re-discovered. Kathleenlights, ThatGirlShaeXo, Eleventh Gorgeous. I've always been a loyal subscriber of EmilyNoel83. I have to say I still watch Tati... but I have been watching less of her lately... which is part of why I did this whole "subscribing to smaller youtubers thing..." which I have subscribed to a lot of new people. Ohhh and Frugalistablog, I love her videos.... she isn't a bigger youtuber really... but I'm not a new subscriber and i'm a new subscriber to a lot of people. Thatgirlshae I used to be subscribed to... and then I unsubscribed and idk why! She's so fun and funny and talented. Marlena Stell, CoffeebreakwithDani I've kind of rediscovered too... I watched both of them recently also. WhatWouldLizzyDo and Bailey B I've also been watching again.

Other smaller youtubers I've started watching, Embur, she just did a fantastic lip swatch video of the Nudestix Babeboss gift set. I've started watching Thattayla... she isn't new... but I like her videos a lot. She has moving vlogs right now and she's been doing some really fun, different videos too. Like she had a postmates buys my makeup... that was pretty cool. She's gotten popular recently I think... so she isn't exactly a "smaller youtuber" but still. Ebbilovesmakeup is really good and I like her personality a lot. Viidreamcatcher is another one I've only watched a couple of videos from... but she's good. Puffin's wife is good... she does a lot of high end videos... and DrugstoreMaven does some great Drugstore videos. I found all of these people just by asking in makeup groups, who are your favorite youtubers under 100,000 subscribers... and there are so many great youtubers out there that give really professional reviews that don't have that many subscribers yet. Drugstore Maven's reviews are great and she looks very professional... but she doesn't talk about all the hottest trending palettes from high end brands... so she probably doesn't get as many subscribers because of that. Ohhh and also I need to mention Sweatpants and Pumps, Leslie Johnson, LivLovesHerMakeup... there are more I know it I just can't think of who!

Ohhh and I have a new blog series coming up where I'm trying to use a palette 50 times basically... and I'll do 10 looks at a time. So I'm starting with the Tartelette In Bloom palette... I have 2 looks on those posted and I'm really excited about them. I have a theme for each look... it's going to be great. I might not post it till November because I have other themes coming first and I kind of want to use it 50 times before I post it.

Part of my plan for that series is to see what happens and if I can pan or finish some shades after 50 uses... I want to pan the Tartelette in bloom and the Too Faced Natural Matte and if I finish both of those I think I want the Viseart Warm Mattes... I just love warm matte shades and after seeing EmilyNoel83's review on that... it makes me kind of want it... but I want to pan $80 worth of palettes before buying an $80 palette... it makes a little bit of sense to me that way. They actually have these at my free standing sephora a lot of the time... I've swatched some viseart palettes there and I wasn't amazed... but idk. Seeing EmilyNoel reviewing them and loving them so much... I just want them.

I'm also having more of a theme for my Instagram... I'm still doing reviews daily... but I want each day to be a little bit more focused... so on Monday I'll do a makeup look and reviews on all those products, on Tuesday I'll focus on a brand, on Wednesday I'll do reviews of older makeup products, thursday I'll talk about makeup from the drugstore and Friday will probably still be my favorites. I like having a top 5 friday, I like doing fragrance friday and I like having a post showing my Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion favorites... so that's what I want to continue doing.

And more... hmmm. I need to try false lashes sometime soon. I've never tried them and I wanted to wear them for the Lady Gaga concert... and I also wanted to dye my hair for the Gaga concert... but idk! I think I know what I'm wearing- I don't know what sort of makeup to do with it... idk!

Ohhh and I kind of mentioned I'm still subscribed to Tati... I still like her reviews... but I'm not really a huge fan anymore. I'm not a big fan of her collaboration with Jeffree Star... he's just too dramatic... I don't really care how good his makeup is... I don't like him, I don't trust him... not going to buy from him. It isn't really just that collaboration that made me mad lately though... she did a review of Makeup Revolution makeup and she just kind of sounded... not as humble as she used to be. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way... idk. Maybe I just took it too seriously... but it just didn't seem like something she'd say. She kind of made fun of a drugstore product a little too much and then she ended up liking that product... but still. For a lot of people buying a Makeup Revolution palette is a splurge and it's just as exciting as buying an Urban Decay Palette... and it just seemed like she wasn't thinking of that.

Anyway... yeah! I just kind of wanted to talk about some things... didn't know where to talk about them... so this is good. I want to do these once a month... maybe I'll do it once a week if I really feel like it!  I'll have another post later too!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments