First Impression: Essence Eye and Face Palette

Alright so I just put on this Essence Eye and Face Palette... I thought it looked good... Idk why... not something I'd usually pick up... but I thought it would be good... so I got it and tried it and here's my first impression. I'll update more as the day goes on... but here we go!

Just Applied... a little after 1! 



I put on my face makeup first- I used the Milani Make It Last Spray with the Elf Flawless finish Foundation and then I went in with the blush... which looks gorgeous! It's a little bit like Milani's Bella Bellini in the kind of highlighting blush factor... maybe my brush just picked up a bit of highlight on it too...not quite sure... but it looked really pretty and then I put the highlight on top and that went on really nice too. Nice and pigmented, not patchy and they just show up smooth without highlight any sort of texture.

Then I primed my eyes with the Milani eye primer and I used the peachy shadow all over the lid... that wasn't the easiest to work with... I used a brush, I used a brush that I wet... and then I eventually just used my fingers... and it was a little washed out- but it still looked pretty...and if I didn't want to test out all the products- I might have just left it there... but I wanted to test out all the products to review... so I went in with the lighter brown in the crease... this isn't 100% matte- but it's a little bit satin and worked pretty well in the crease. The shimmeriness didn't show up, but it did define the eyes a little more and it blended well. Then I took the white shade for my browbone... and I really liked that- it's nice and creamy and I actually liked it so much- I put it a bit on the center of the lid! Then I tried the darkest shade in the palette... I used my fingers and I put it on the outer corner and then I blended it a little more with a larger eye brush from Ecotools... and I liked that a lot too! I ended up lining the lower lashline with a pointed pencil brush and I used the darkest shade and then I went in with the coral shade a little bit too.

For my eyes I primed my lashes with the L'oreal Voluminous Lash Primer and then went in with the Telescopic Mascara.

For my lips I lined with  Essence's Lip Liner in "In The Nude" and then I used Essence Matt Matt Matt for a lipstick!

And I really liked the look... it took a bit of time to apply... but it was still pretty quick and I was happy with how it turned out! This is kind of cool... the whole look was about $46.99 if you don't use coupons or deals... which I pretty much always do. All of these products can be found at Harmon if you live near one and you could probably use a 20% off (one item)  coupon with a $5 off coupon... so that makes it about 39.95... not terrible! I didn't use the prices for Harmon because Harmon's website isn't very good... I used the price from Milani's website and Ulta's site... I also forgot to include the Milani eye primer... which I just realized now and I don't want to recalculate... lol.

Mid Day Check In- 6:02pm 
Alright... so the palette held up pretty well. I think it's faded a little bit- especially the outer corner... but it still looks good on the eyes. My eyes are a little watery. I was in my dad's car before and sometimes car air conditioning can make my eyes a little watery. The blush and highlight look nice too! I'm really impressed by this palette!



End of the day check in... around 8:30-9ish 
I looked at the makeup before I went to take a bath... and I was going to see how it held up after the bath... but it was totally gone lol. Anyway this did hold up pretty well... you could kind of see the darker color but it was kind of fading. I did notice some glitter fallout around my eyes when I looked up close... I forgot that I had put a little bit under my lower lashline... so that's probably what the fallout was from. Wasn't really noticable until I got up close.

The blush was still on... maybe a little faded... the highlight was still on pretty well too.

Other than that little bit... I really loved this palette. I would say if you want to keep it in your purse or something you totally could and then you have almost a full face of makeup in a hurry or if you're going to a beach or a pool and want something to wear afterwords... this would be great! I'm definitely going to use it more! I was super impressed!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments