Worth It Wednesday: Nars Orgasm Lipstick

Ughhh! I forgot to write this blog for today! I'm so sorry... I know that it doesn't really matter... it's just up later than I like... which stinks... but it's just I had no idea what to post about either.

So the Nars Orgasm Lipstick is a really pretty lipstick... but at the same time... it's nothing too special. I know a lot of people were really excited about this when it came out... but I think that's just because it seems like it's something that should exist already and it didn't exist until recently... and while it is pretty... it doesn't really look anything like the orgasm blush.

This isn't that pigmented of a lipstick... Personally, those are my favorite types of lipsticks, the sheer, shimmery lipsticks... but I have SOOO many of them and I could have bought something that gave the same look for a lot less than $28... in fact- there are 2 I have that I think are quite similar... the Revlon Superlustrous lipstick in Champage On Ice... which is one of my personal favorites and most used colors... and Urban Decay's Alice Lipstick... which was one of my favorites and most used before I got the revlon one lol.

This lipstick is maybe a little bit more peachy and a little more pigmented than the others I just mentioned... the formula feels really nice and luxurious on the lips. You can't feel the shimmers on them at all... and honestly... you don't really pay $28 for a lipstick because it's worth $28... you buy a $28 lipstick because you want a little pick-me up and a fancy lipstick is a good way to do that... but even still... this isn't in the fanciest of packaging. I like the Nars Rubberized packaging... but I have other things with that packaging... and as Iconic as the logo is... there are better packaged lipsticks that you can get for a lot less money. I'm happy I have this... but it kind of sucks that it's $28.

So... while I think it's nice to treat yourself to something nice... you can do that without buying this particular product. I prefer the formula of the Bite Beauty Multi Sticks... I reach for some drugstore lipsticks that I've bought as a pick me up more than I'm reaching for this... and it's a nice idea that was needed for the Nars line...and I feel like I'm a Nars Enthusiast... I've liked everything I've gotten from Nars and this is no exception... it's just underwhelming. No one is really talking about this lipstick... and it's kind of for a reason... there isn't much to it for as much buzz as there was around it. I remember being excited for the Orgasm lipstick... but really... what were they going to do? Make a bright orange shimmer lipstick? Nahh... so they just did this sort of peachy shimmery one... it just took them a long time to make because we didn't really need this. Lol.

Anyway... I'm happy I have it- I don't regret buying it... I just don't think it's worth $28... and like I said- it kind of sucks that they do this.

Sorry for this sort of bummer of a review... I'm not trying to bash the brand or the product... but... not really the best thing in the world.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments