Throwback Review: Too Faced Natural Matte

This Too Faced Natural Matte palette was always kind of a favorite of mine. I think CanoeXMakeup convinced me to get this when I was kind of deciding what to buy with a sephora coupon… and her recommendations are always good… follow her on Instagram and youtube cause she knows what she’s talking about lol. 

Anyway- I got this a few years ago and I use it a lot and I kind of try to put it away because I wanted to give my other palettes some love… but I think this is a really good one. It’s kind of an underrated one from Too Faced… I prefer this to the Chocolate Bar palettes that I have and the Peach Palette. I think I even like it more than the Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette… which I still like a lot- but this one is just easier for every day. 

These are really soft mattes… they almost feel like Lorac shadows- they’re just so nice and soft. I’ve had these for years and the quality still feels the same. Some older palettes I have the mattes are either a little bit drier or a little bit too soft… but these feel just the same… so it’s kind of awesome that way. 

I’m also always impressed with all the different tones in this palette. You could get a really nice warm look or something cooler toned. I’ve done super, super neutral looks with this palette and a lot of smokey looks. There’s a lot that you can do with this and it’s just really versatile for a 9-pan all matte palette… which isn’t something you can really say about most 9-pan matte palettes. It’s kind of like “ok, one finish… all neutrals… all mattes… where’s the fun there?” There’s a lot! Lol. 

This is the first palette I can really see myself about to hit pan on. I just reach for these shadows a lot… I think these are all really nice and easy to use and blend and everything… if you don’t know what to do with your shadow look… this is really nice and easy to see different looks for it… and that’s kind of why I like it a lot… I’m really happy I re-discovered this when I was doing my “makeup look month… it was a great re-discovery. 

And I’m hitting pan in this palette and I think I’m going to try panning it completely soon… I’m starting a new series with this palette and the Tartelette in bloom where I’m not necessarily going to pan the palette… but I will use it a bunch of times and maybe I’ll hit pan with it… idk. Lol. I’m kind of hoping to hit pan. As much as I love this palette… I’m not sure if I’ll repurchase… right now I’m thinking that if I finish up this palette I kind of want to try the Viseart Warm Matte palette because I reach for the warm shades in this palette a lot and that’s kind of what I think is unique and what I like about it… so if I finish up this and the Tartelette in bloom after my series of posts on them… idk. We’ll see. I just saw EmilyNoel83 do a look with that Warm Mattes palette and it made me kind of want it for my own… but maybe not. I don’t know that much about Viseart other than that they’re super expensive. Lol. 

I think that is everything that I want to say. I hope you guys like this! 

Byee! 

-Shannon 

Comments