August Favorites 2017

Alright! Here we go! Favorites for August… I feel like I had a lot towards the end of the month that I just used over and over and over again… so I’m going to start out with those because I think I used them enough to be monthly favorites. 

The Bareminerals Barepro Foundation. I used this probably more than I’ve used any other foundation consistently in a while… maybe I’ll do a foundation routine with it… but I’ve been kind of using it differently each time I use it… idk. I like it a lot though. Influenster sent it to me complimentary so that I could do a review on it… so that was really exciting… and it’s a nice, long wearing foundation. Pretty full coverage also- and it makes my skin feel better too… I think it’s from the foundation oddly enough. 

For palettes I used 2 a bunch of times at the end of the month. The Laura Gellar Downtown Cools palette and the Ulta Melissa Michelle Palette. The Melissa Michelle Palette is a great value for $20… definite all in one palette… it’s just so nice and really amazing! The Laura Gellar Downtown Cools is a really nice palette also. I have to say the Downtown Cools doesn’t have the best staying power… it works okay but idk I had no trouble with it when I went to the Lady Gaga concert… but when I did a quick look with it… didn’t last me all that long… so that kind of varies I guess. It’s still a good palette though and I like the formula a lot! 

The Essence Lash Princess Mascara is my last “end of the month” favorite. This really reminds me of the It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara. This doesn’t last quite as well as that… I noticed it getting droopy throughout the day- even with my next favorite… but it’s pretty good. 

Speaking of my next favorite: The L’oreal Voluminous Mascara Primer works really great to give a lift to my lashes… which I don’t love doing. This also helps it last longer too… I just really like it. I did a review on it a little while ago… I still really like it! 

I also like the L’oreal Telescopic, which i used this month. It really works for me… I haven’t used it as much since getting the Lash Princess… but I still really like it. 

I didn’t use the Pixi Highlight in London Lustre all that much this month… but it’s still a definite favorite. It is such a pretty highlighter… it is pretty glow-y but not that unnatural looking. I just really like it. It goes on so nice and smooth too. I saws this was Jessica Braun’s favorite highlight and I just really love it! 

Milani’s blush in Bella Bellini is my favorite. It’s just so pretty and has such a nice glow to it. I really loved it for summer… I think I’m going to keep using it in the Fall… its a definite favorite! 

Another summer favorite is the L’oreal Glambronze Bronzer… this just gives such a nice glow… it’s really pretty and bronzy and I just love it! It’s so nice! I don’t know if I’ll really wear it in the fall as much… but it is really pretty! Definitely one of my favorite bronzers. 

I also tried a couple of Boots No 7 products this month and they became fast favorites. The Setting Powder might be my favorite because it didn’t show up in any flash photos that I’ve taken. It might just be the lighting in the photos or something… but it’s just really great! 

I like the foundation a lot too… the Stay Perfect Foundation. It’s nice, lighter coverage… great for dry skin and it lasts a long time. It’s just really nice and pretty. 

I was really into sheet masks this month also! They had a few at Harmon- which is the drugstore I usually go to… and I’ve just been liking them. I want to do a full review of all the ones I’ve tried… there are 2 that I can’t find right now though… but still. Sheet masks are nice, easy and I just really really like them! I’ve been liking Miss Spa and La Creme a lot. 

And my favorite makeup tip of the month: putting primer on your undereyes. I just like doing this- it helps with concealer and it’s just good. Adele’s makeup artist does it… so it must work 

Last favorite of the month is the Bath and Body Works Teakwood Deodorizing Spray. This is from the Men’s Collection at Bath and Body Works… but I use it anyway. I prefer spray deodorants because I never put the cap back on my regular deodorant and it breaks and gets everywhere… so I just prefer using sprays and the Men’s spray seems to last a little longer than the woman’s. I think Drugstore brands have that too… hopefully I can get a cheaper one… but yeah. I just can’t be bothered closing a cap. 

That is it! Hope you guys find this useful! 

Byeee! 

-Shannon 

Comments