First Impressions-Rimmel, Covergirl, Milani and L'oreal.

Okay! First First Impression review! I did a look using some new products today I posted the makeup look for this in June... so now let's get into the products... I'll show you the look at the start of the day and then at the end of the day!

So the products I'm testing out are the Rimmel BB Cream, the Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Blush in Sophisticated Sable, The Covergirl Katy Kat Pearl Shadow in Tiger Rose, The Revlon Lipgloss in Pango Peach, the Milani Make it Last Primer and Setting Spray, and the L'oreal Lash Paradise Mascara... so some of these products are new new... some are new to me. I've tried the Covergirl Blushes before... but this is a new color. I've tried the L'oreal mascara before... but I haven't checked lasting power or anything... so I thought this would be fun to try out.

Milani Make It Last- I think this might have had some sort of scent to it... It wasn't the best scent... but it wasn't strong. It felt nice and cool and refreshing. The mister on it was really good and kind of like the Pixi ones... so far I like it. They have another dewy setting spray too... but they didn't have that at Target just yet. This was pretty normal... so far so good.

Rimmel BB Cream- This was a really really runny bb cream... I don't think that's what it was supposed to be like. I thought it felt a little creamier when I tested it on my hand yesterday... maybe that was the Wet n Wild Foundation that I'll probably be showing a first impression of next week... idk. This was good though- it looks very natural... everything looked good after I applied it. I'm dry in some spots... but I don't think this is highlighting the dry spots... it isn't quite moisturizing it or anything... but it's good so far. This is going to be my thing for the summer I think.

Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Blush in Sophisticated Sable- I've tried these blushes before... but I just got this color- so I thought I'd include it... I'm starting to get all the old school covergirl blushes because they seem to be getting discontinued and I want to try them all because I really like them. I was kind of disappointed when I swatched this originally... but applied it looked gorgeous. Very Natural and pretty... almost like a contour. The Highlight was awesome... it did make my skin look a little textured... but it was really good... might be one of the big winners of the look!

Covergirl Katy Kat Eye and Highlight- This is okay... The texture isn't super smoothe like the Elf Smudgepots... it's a little more like the Maybelline Color Tattoos or the Revlon Cream Shadows... but it's easy to blend and it's pigmented... idk if I'd use this as a highlight... but I like it a lot.

L'oreal Lash Paradise (waterproof)- I love this mascara... it really is worth all the hype it's been getting. It's just as good as my favorite high end mascara which is the It Cosmetics Superhero... so I definitely recommend it... just haven't tested the wear test completely yet!

Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss in Pango Peach- This isn't too sticky... but there is some stick to it. It's good if you're not eating or drinking... but you're going to have to reapply it if you are. If you're just drinking it might stay on okay... but reapplying it isn't bad either. This is a few hours later- I've eaten yogurt and had some soda... and I still feel it on... but I don't think it's still on at all.

Pictures...1st applied! (Around 1pm) 


The highlight really looks good in this pic! Plus the dewiness of the foundation... all good! 

This is the Lash Paradise Mascara. Love this! 

Blurry pic of the Covergirl shadow. I have some shadows from Urban Decay on top of it... this is from the Jean Michel Basquait colorful palette... and that doesn't last all that long... so maybe it'll give us a better feel. 

The highlight makes my skin look a little textured here... but I like the natural contour of the blush. I used the smallest blush shade and then the lighter of the small colors for my highlight. 

Later That Day... 
The BB Cream wore off a bit on my chin... nothing super noticeable... but it did wear off a bit. I didn't do too much throughout the day for it to wear off... but it did wear off a tiny bit I think.

You can still see my blush and my highlight a little bit... so that's good for the BB Cream and the blush.

I'm not 100% sure that the setting spray made for the best primer ever... but it's probably a good setting spray. It's got a good packaging too... it's smallish so you could put it in a purse makeup bag if you wanted to.

Eyeshadow and Mascara really impressed me... I hope Covergirl comes out with more of these cream shadows because they are quite awesome!  I even rubbed my eyes a little bit too and nothing moved! I really liked that... will probably use this a lot during the summer because I forgot how amazing cream shadows are... this worked really well!

The gloss didn't last that long... I wasn't expecting it too... it did last a little through drinking and it's like 6.99.... so unless you can't have really sticky glosses at all... I'd say this is a total winner!

And here are the "later that day pictures" I think I'm going to take a bath in a bit and then I'll update more... but this is just what I would expect it to work for most people during regular, day to day life.



you can see my blush a little here... I swear it's in there now! 

The BB Cream Maybe wore off a little more than I initially thought... it looks kind of worn off in this picture. 

After Bath... 
It was pretty much the same. Blush faded a little- highlight was more faded... eyeshadow and mascara stayed on really really well. Would definitely recommend the eyeshadow. I'm writing this the following day and one of my eyes is hurting a little... so that isn't good... but idk if that was the fault of the Covergirl Eyeshadow... I might have gotten something in my eye when I was washing my makeup off... hopefully it's just that. But I will update you! 
still on strong! 


Lashes still look good too- you can tell! 

Byeee!
-Shannon 


Comments