Worth it Wednesday: Sigma Aura Blush in Nymphaea

I was sent this blush complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes- this came in their Posh Voxbox... and I'm really happy it did. Sigma isn't a brand that I pay a lot of attention to- and this blush formula is just amazing- the packaging is great and I just really like the product.

It is a matte blush- which aren't always my favorites. I love the finish of a matte blush- but formula's aren't always the best. This has an amazing, super pigmented formula. It doesn't look too too strong when you put it on- it's easy to blend out... but it's nice, pigmented and matte.

And the best things about matte blushes? It's almost like a contour. You can't really contour with this color- this is very pink to contour with... but I think matte blushes do a good job of defining the cheeks... which is kind of the purpose of contouring anyway... so that makes me like using them as a quicker contour type of deal.

Highlights also pop really well with matte blushes. It doesn't clash with any shimmer from the blush because it's very matte. Not that I don't love a glowy highlight on top of a glowy blush... but it looks great with matte blushes also... so that is nice.

The packaging of this is kind of handy also. It is a giant disk, it has the name Sigma in pretty silver lettering on it. If you had multiple blushes from this Sigma line... it might get a little confusing to tell them apart... I'm sure most people will only have one or two of this formula for the most part... so hopefully it won't get too confusing.

The staying power on these is really really good. I wore an Ulta blush from the Melissa Michelle palette the last couple of days... and that lasted me 12 hours (I did a first impressions video) and it did last... but there was just like a tiny bit left at the end of the day whereas with this it looks pretty much exactly how I applied it all throughout the day. I don't think I've actually worn this for 12 straight hours... but maybe I'll try that. I did an "I'm blushing" review before... maybe I should bring that back and do specific 12 hour blush tests... that would be fun. But yeah... I have faith that this one would look great all day.

That's about it. Ohhh it has a mirror on it also... which is totally great. I believe these are $19... they have 6 shades total... Sigma does have sales from time to time. I would rate these over a lot of high end blushes... I like it better than the Too Faced Love Flush Blush that I have... I see myself reaching for this more than the Sephora Microsmooth blush I have forever... I don't have any blushes from the Tarte permanent line.... but I think I like this more than the tarte blushes I have tried. Don't like it more than my Milani blushes... but this is a lot more pigmented than the Milani Rose Blushes, which are also matte.

They have kind of a brownish color that I kind of want to try more for contouring... maybe when there's a sale sometime I'll pick that up. They sent a blush for this too... it's really soft and applies the blush super nicely... I haven't used it a whole lot but I think I can recommend it based on that experience. It's really great.

That's about it! Hope you guys like this and find it useful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments