First Impression Review: Lorac Beauty and The Beast Collection

When I saw the packaging of this collection I was like Spongebob when he visited Sandy in her bio-dome... "I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I NEED IT!" I was just really excited. The more I use my Lorac products... the more I fall completely in love with them. Lorac is possibly one of my favorite eyeshadow brands...and I didn't realize this until recently. I have quite a few palettes from Lorac... haven't tried much else from them though... but I did get most of this collection... I didn't pick up the lip glosses, but I got everything else... so let's get started.

And this is a weird kind of first impression review because I've used it quite a bit since the first time I used it... so it isn't quite a first impression anymore... but yeah. My first impressions are that it is pretty fantastic! So yes! This gets the Shannon stamp of approval.

So I applied this on a weird night... but a great night for testing purposes. I had plans to go out... but then one of my friends cancelled... but I went out with another friend and we ended up going to a club... which I never do... so this isn't the type of thing that would usually concern me... but I was super impressed with how this makeup lasted at the end of the night!

I was sweating quite a bit that night... you can probably tell on my face... but you can also probably tell... the shadows are still on really well... you can still see the blush and highlight despite my foundation not looking super fresh... and my lipstick is even still on a little bit! I was pretty impressed considering just how sweaty I was. 

And that's kind of what I was most impressed with... which is why I was too excited to even mention how everything felt when I first applied it! Lol. I felt really good about everything! The blush went on and blended nicely... the highlight was quite intense... but you could blend this out also and I could see this highlight working on a lot of different skintones. I thought it would be too yellow or dark on me... but it was really nice! I really liked it a lot... I've never tried a Lorac highlight before and I loved it. I already loved the blushes from the Unzipped Cheeks palette... these are just as great quality as those blushes... I really love the color selection too. I used the color See Beyond for this look... it was nice! 
This is the look... didn't have an eye close up because I was filming something that I wanted to put on youtube... but that didn't happen. Lol. 

And I liked the lipstick too... it smelled really nice, like cupcakes. It applied super nice and comfortably. I have 1 other Lorac Alter Ego Lipstick and that one is a little bit patchy and usually something I mix with other products... but these all apply nicely on their own. 

And the shadows... these didn't feel exactly like the regular Pro formula to me... it felt pretty much like the Pro formula... but the finishes are a little different than their typical all matte or all shimmer. They have matte shades with some shimmer in it... they're just really nice. I used the gold in the palette... which is fairly light and I did a pretty simple look... but it still kind of stood out from other palettes... it all blended nicely and it was kind of different. I really like the rosy tones of this palette along with some of the yellows and blues... it's pretty different, it is very much inspired by the movie and it's just really nice and romantic. I could totally imagine this being great for a bridal look... very romantic long wearing colors... they could make a nice soft look, smokey look, soft smokey look... there's a lot of nice makeup you could do with this. 

Plus... it is absolutely gorgeous! The packaging on all of these are amazing! They would make for an excellent gift and it's something to be displayed. If you're a major Disney fan, or a Beauty and The Beast fan... this is almost a must-have I'd say. It feels like you own something a little bit magic. 

As I've used it since then... it hasn't had as great lasting power as the first time... That might just be me though... it's been super hot and my makeup doesn't last that great in the heat... but still... kind of sucks... but this still holds up from a long night really well. 

That's it! I hope you enjoyed it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments