Bareminerals Barepro Foundation Review

I was sent this foundation for free from Influenster. Influenster is a service where they will send you products for testing purposes, you just need to have some sort of social media... the more active you are on it- the more likely you will be to get a box. I've been getting one every few months lately it feels like... and that is awesome! So I'm super happy with the service and I encourage anyone to use it!

I was really excite when I found out about the Barepro foundation. I love Bareminerals... they've been pretty good for me... and they're on the more affordable side of the high end makeup world... so that's always really good. It's $34... it also ALWAYS has free shipping on Ulta's site... so that is awesome. If you have this foundation and you're running low- you could very easily repurchase with no shipping charge... that's cool!  It is 1 ounce of product... I have the shade Aspen- which is a good match for me. It's kind of hard to tell with lighter skintones because they either have too many light skintones or not enough... so it's good to know there's a match. There are 30 shades... the darker shades don't look too dark... I'm sure they'll expand the shade range when it gets more popular.

And I think it will get more popular because it is a really good foundation. I have dry skin and when I first applied it I just used a setting spray instead of an actual primer... that made it look a little dry and clingy on my face... so I bought a hydrating primer to use with it (the Coverfx Illuminating Primer) and that worked really really well! It wore pretty well when I just used the setting spray... my friends all commented that it looked nice... I thought it looked a little dry close up... so that's something to note.

It does wear a really long time. I've worn it for 12 hours and I didn't get too oily or greasy throughout the day. I wore it to a concert- it looked fine... It's pretty longwearing... and I really like that! It just works all day and it's nice!

It is definitely more full coverage... In a video I made about this that I may or may not post in the near future... I mentioned that I thought a little bit went a long way... which it kind of does... but I also kind of have trouble with the pump. The pump is easy to control... so you don't necessarily get a lot or a little when you pump it out... so that's something to kind of note. It's a positive thing but it's good.

It's oil free, allergy free, it won't clog your pores... there's a lot of good claims to the foundation that I read on Ulta... I haven't had any issues with any of these things. I don't have the most sensitive face... but my skin can get dry when I use something a lot... this doesn't do that... actually my skin feels really nice after I wash this off... it claims to have good for the skin ingredients... I think it even said exfoliating type of ingredients... I definitely feel like that's true. My skin feels really nice and hydrated after wearing this... and I've never had that effect with foundation... so that is really really awesome!

That is everything I really have to say about it... I would recommend it! I'm excited to use it some more... it might be my favorite foundation right now... not sure.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments