Style Saturday: Designer Handbags That I Trust

This is something I kind of feel strongly about it... and I'm pretty brand loyal when it comes to handbags as well... there are only 3 brands I'll really splurge on... and I'll try to research if I find a new brand that I want to try... anyway here are my brands: Coach, Betsey Johnson and Dooney and Bourke... and I feel like I'm a little indifferent to Dooney and Bourke... I'll explain that one first I guess.

I have 2 Dooney and Bourke handbags and I've had them... probably for about 10 years or almost 10 years... I started with Designer bags when I was really young... and these were some of my first handbags ever... and some of the first I got as a gift... so that's pretty awesome. I only have 2- a smaller handbag and a wristlet... I've used these quite a lot throughout the years... I used the wristlet pretty much all through college... and they look pretty much the same as when I first got them! These maybe weren't my most used handbags... but they were pretty well used and well loved for it to still look like it's brand new. So I love Dooney and Bourke for that. I haven't gotten anything from then since those handbags... BUT I do really love the Disney handbags that they have and I kind of want one. Whenever I go to Disney next... I'm definitely getting something. Lol.

The customer service around the holidays is pretty bad though. I know someone that placed an order online on Black Friday for a Christmas gift that he was getting... and they let him order it... but then they told him they sold out... and I'm pretty sure it was just DAYS before Christmas... so it was hard for him to get a new gift in time... and when he complained they gave him a very small discount... so that was kind of a slap in the face too... so yeah. He did find a gift in time thankfully and everything was okay... so that's good... but customer service wasn't... and that stinks.

Now onto my next favorite... which is my most recent favorite: Betsey Johnson. Betsey Johnson handbags are the most affordable of all of these for the most part... and probably the easiest to find on sale. I got one bag in October at Boscov's that was only $35 and it was big and different and I got SOOO many compliments on it that I absolutely love it... wear it all the time.... and I would just highly recommend checking them out- especially if they are on sale. Since then I've gotten... 3 other Betsey Johnson bags and a wallet and I really love them all. They have really unique styles... you can always tell it's a Betsey Johnson bag... and I don't really see people wearing these that often! So I think that is all super, super super cool. They have all different shapes, sizes, designs and colors... the ones I have are pink and black and one holographic one from the Trolls Collection... just really nice quality and really fun bags. I love them... These are what I've been buying for a while now.

And my favorite that I've loved the longest and have the most of is Coach. Coach is always a reliable brand... and a lot of times you can find them on sale for a reasonable price... not as reasonable as the Betsey Johnson bags that I have... but still fairly reasonable. I have handbags, wristlets, a wallet and a makeup bag from Coach and The Coach Outlets and I really love them all. I have some bags from years ago that I've had in my closet for quite a while... and they still look good as new! They haven't even lost shape or anything. The style's aren't necessarily something I still like now... but for the most part- they're good as new... and that's kind of the difference between this and some more affordable brands. I have one bag from Target that is really big and I love it for the size of it... but it wasn't cheap... I haven't had it all that long and it's losing it's shape a bit and the color is kind of wearing off... and if you just want one handbag... you'll likely have to replace that every year or so... whereas if you get a larger bag from one of these brands... you might have a bit more luck and it could make a big difference. American Eagle bags are kind of similar... they aren't always cheap... but they're not made that well. Forever 21 I'm actually a little more impressed with... so if you want something cheap and cute- that's the place I would go for believe it or not. I have some New York and Company bags too that I've really liked (they have some total dupes for Marc Jacobs bags!)

A lot of these designer bags I've actually paid less for... or about the same price as the ones from stores like Target and American Eagle... so I would definitely recommend checking out the prices in your department stores and if they have sales. Macy's has sales on Betsey Johnson quite often... especially online. Coach and Dooney and Bourke are a little harder to find on sale... but it isn't impossible. Most of the Coach bags I have are from the outlets, and for the most part they weren't that expensive. The big bag I got from target was like $40... and the bag I'm currently using is from the Coach Outlet and it was only $50... and it's just in better condition. It isn't big like the Target bag... but that's okay... and like I said- I think the Betsey Johnson bag I get the most compliments on was $35... if that even... so that isn't too bad.

There's nothing wrong with buying non-designer handbags... I still always look at the handbags at Target and I probably would buy more... but they do disappoint me a lot more than the designer handbags and a lot of times it's still too much money... so I'm not 100% about that life. If they work for you- that is awesome- keep buying them... just for me... it's not Shannon-proof... so that's why I mentioned "I have strong feelings about this." I'm a little extra... but it's okay... always buy from outlets or a sale... don't be afraid to #treatyoself.

That is it! Hope that was informative and fun!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments