Throwback Review: Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Blushes

So when you think of some older, overlooked products… the Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Blushes really come to mind for me. These are sort of “the original contour palettes” and I think they’ve been around for several years… but they’ve never had “the trendy look” and the packaging is just kind of ugly and easy to overlook. 

I picked up the Coral palette about a year ago after hearing EmilyNoel83 rave about them. It was kind of right before they stopped carrying them in most drugstores, around the same time that the Trublend blushes came out… so that was a while ago. And I picked up 2 others recently at a CVS because CVS still carries pretty much the full line of Covergirl I believe… it may take them a while to get the new stuff… but I think they have all of the older stuff… so these are easy to find there and they had some sort of extra bucks points going on… so that was good. So there’s one I’m missing… but I have the Coral, Sable and the Plum. 

What really impresses me about these palettes are the highlights. The blushes are really nice… but it’s kind of hard to find a really nice, glowing drugstore blush… these are them! Right here the lightest color really shows up so nicely and it looks really impressive. Every time I wear these I kind of see them in the mirror and I’m like “ohhh… what’s that on your cheekbones.” And it’s this! And it’s just really beautiful… kind of boosts confidence and it’s just really nice. 

The sable blush doesn’t look that impressive in the pan or when you swatch it… but if you put it on the cheeks its a really nice neutral… it does kind of contour the face because it’s a pretty natural, pretty matte color… so it just gives a nice contoured sort of look. I’ve been using this shade a lot this summer because I love the way it looks with bronzer. It doesn’t clash with it at all… it just goes nicely with it and gives it more of a natural glow with some color… it’s really nice. 

The plum shade I haven’t used as much since I got it… I’ll probably use that more in the fall… it’s definitely more pigmented than the sable shade and I do think I like it a little bit better than the sable shade… but with bronzers and everything- I’ve just been digging the sable color and neutral is more of what I’ve been looking for. 

And the coral I used a lot at the start of the summer… I have recently sort of moved all of my stuff in my room because my dad is painting the room and I’m getting new furniture… so it’s somewhere in my collection- just not quite sure where lol. I think I know where… but right now I’ve been into the Sable- so that’s what I’m using lol. This is great too… it was so great that I wanted to hunt all of the others after using it… so that’s pretty awesome. 

Anyway… yeah. Definitely a hidden gem of the drugstore- I’d recommend picking them up before they either go away or they repackage them to something trendier and raise the price… lol. These are really nice, handy and pretty! 

Byeee! 

-Shannon 

Comments