An Over 21-Year Old's Shopping Guide for Forever 21

So here's a different kind of blog that I thought might be kind of helpful. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more Fashion-Forward... and Forever 21 isn't always my favorite store... but it is one that I go to kind of often... and I think there's definitely a guide for people that are over 21 to shop there. Not that you need to dress a certain way for your age or anything... It's just kind of a personal thing- I don't always like shopping there because it's a little messy and trendy... but there are definitely some good reasons to shop there.

1. Trendy Pieces 
If you want something super trendy- this is definitely the place to go. They have very trendy clothes and accessories- so you could find something to suit a specific trend for a reasonable price. One thing that is pretty trendy right now is Velvet... Velvet probably won't always be trendy but it is really quite trendy now and you can definitely find that at Forever 21. I got a Velvet Jacket there for $17... which brings me to my next point!

2. Affordable Clothes! 
You can definitely find some steals at Forever 21! If you're going out somewhere and you don't have a ton of money... you can find a nice dress or something there for around $30 probably... that might be a challenge I try doing sometime this year... but this is a really good place to find something affordable to wear for going out or just for fun.

3. Statement Jewelry 
I don't always wear Statement Jewelry... but when I do... I like to keep it on the cheap side! Forever 21 has a really nice selection of affordable statement jewelry.  If you have an outfit that's just kind of simple- but you want to add a little something to it- add a statement necklace... or a choker or a pair of big earrings or something like that! That's what I like to do! I've been talking a lot abou this one pair of long earrings that I bought for my New Year's Eve Outfit... it's really good!

4. Shop There to Complete an Outfit 
That's when I usually end up going there. Like this past time when I had the Jumpsuit I wanted to wear... but I needed some accessories... I went to Forever 21 of corse because I knew they would have something... and I ended up lucking out! The Furry Vest that I found there- although expensive- was the perfect addition to the outfit and a nice addition to my closet that I will use again! This always has nice, more affordable pieces that will complete any outfit. I haven't bought anything from there in a long time... especially clothes wise... but I do like going there for things that will add to an outfit.

5. Shirts with Characters/ Logos/bands 
There are a lot of shirts that you can find here if you're looking for a specific character, band or logo. I kind of want to go back and see if I can find a Star Wars T Shirt or a David Bowie shirt. I've gotten a sweatshirt from there with the Peanuts Gang on it... I wear that to bed. I've seen people get Rugrats clothes there... it's just got some good stuff there as far as the graphic t department goes.

I don't always like the words on the t shirts that they have. They're usually pretty cheesey and bad... but I do really like things like Star Wars and The Minions and I'd like to get some more shirts with them.

6. Makeup Bags/ Tote Bags 
You can always find super cute Makeup Bags and Tote Bags at Forever 21. I think that's a good thing to get from there! It's not the number 1 reason to go there... but if you need a tote bag or a little mirror or something- it's a good place to go!

7. Don't Let The Disorganization Deter You 
It's a pretty disorganized store... I never really love shopping there because of that reason... I worked in retail and kept my store very tidy... so it makes me sad when I see it like that... I think my mall has been better- the person working there seemed to be a manager and she seemed to be taking very good care of the store... and she was very helpful when I asked her for help... so the help they have at my forever 21 is very good right now and it hasn't been in years past.

Anyway... the disorganization almost makes it easier to just stumble upon something cool... and I liked that a lot!

8. They have pretty good handbags! 
I have to say if you're looking for a more affordable handbag- I've had the best experience with Forever 21! They have very stylish bags that actually last and they're made pretty well! I was always pretty impressed by their handbags... so that's my top recommendation of a more affordable handbag to buy. Target has some good ones too... but Forever 21's are really really nice!

I think that is everything! I really liked this post! I'll probably have more of these for more of my favorite stores... so stay tuned... but yeah! I like these ones a lot!

Also side note: That $17 jacket that I bought ripped... so now I remember why I never really shop there. Ohhh well... it's not ripped where you can see it and honestly it can probably be fixed... idk if I have the tags or the receipt to return or exchange it... and I feel like it's probably something I did anyway... still shouldn't have ripped before I really used it... but I think I'll still try to use it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments