To Buy or Not To Buy: Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette

So... I don't always like to buy an eyeshadow palette full priced... I don't always like buying eyeshadow palettes that are much more than $50... this one is $65 and I really wanted to treat myself with some Christmas Money... so that's what I did... and I don't regret it one bit... this is totally worth it!

I was a little bit skeptical about this- because if you swatch this in store it feels very dry and not all that pigmented... in real life it is very pigmented... the formula is a little bit dry... especially the mattes feel a little dry... but they do look really pigmented and they blend very easily. I have some trouble with matte looks and matte shadows not really looking like anything on my eyes... but these show up well and they blend easy. It's very easy for me to do an all matte look with these shadows... It isn't a very natural look... but it's really easy and pigmented!

The color Cosmo is another one that intimidated me a little. It's a glitter shadow... it is basically a pressed pigment... and it's not the easiest shadow to work with... not really something I would necessarily recommend for beginners... but honestly... I'm not the best with glitter shadows and I didn't have trouble with this. Use a glitter glue with it- or maybe a sticky primer... but it's really good and I like it a lot! It did have some fallout still... not as bad as when I tried the Stila Glitters without glitter glue... but still noticeable. I did make a significant dent in this shadow after using it about 3 times... so that's kind of crappy... but I still like it... and I wouldn't it intimidate you.

The shade I'm not crazy about is Cashmere. That's just a neutral shade... I found it a little harder to work with than the other shades... it didn't show up on my lids that well... maybe I need to use something like the Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk or something with it to make it pop a little more... but right now it doesn't pop much.

I really like the shades Retrograde and Twilight... I haven't used these that much... but I thought these were really nice and they have a nice duochrome-y look to them. The shade Angelic, Celestial and Nefertiti are ones I love too... Angelic may be my most used shade so far. Royal, Blood Moon, and Turkish Delight are BEAUTIFUL shimmer shades that are very easy to use and they are just great!

Compared to other palettes I've reviewed recently... this is pretty unique. The formulas are the same as the Huda Beauty Warm Brown Obsessions... but in that palette they don't include the glitter and duochrome shades that are in this palette... and I'm really having a lot of fun with those shades!

I would honestly say this has a versatility factor the way that the Jaclyn Hill palette does. It has a good variety of shades... the tones are not as versatile as the Jaclyn Hill Palette... but the textures and the formulas are very versatile... which is important for a versatile palette in it's own right!

Overall... I love this palette. It's one of the best palettes I've ever tried hands down and I am definitely having the most fun time using this!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments