Two-sday: The Two Types of Palettes You Should Have!

So I thought I'd do something a little bit different this week... which I'll try to do for the next few weeks and just focus on two products that do something amazing or not so amazing. In some cases it might be 2 very specific products actually naming things specifically... or I'll post some more vague things like this post.

So the "Two Types of palettes" idea stems from something Kat Von D mentioned back at the start of her brand days and that was something along the lines of every makeup lover should have 2 types of palettes: A Smokey Palette and a Neutral Palette... and she did a great job representing that through her line since then. At that time she had the Ludwig palette and the Beethoven palette... One was neutral with some greens and the other was a purple smokey palette. She also had the Monarch and Chrysallis Palettes, which again- one included a warm brown neutral and the other had smokey purple shades. In the Shade and Light Palette- you could get really neutral or smokey looks... her stuff has range and balance.

I don't totally disagree with Kat on the neutral or smokey palette too... but I think there are some different ones I would choose.

An Everyday Palette in Your Preferred Tone of Colors 
Sooo this one is kind of important because I think this is something I end up reaching for just about all the time. This is the type of palette I feel most confident in and that no matter what I do- I'll get a good look with this palette. I like warm toned palettes a lot so something like the Huda Beauty Warm Brown Obsessions or the Anastasia Modern Renaissance is what I tend to use for this type of palette. It just always makes me feel fabulous and happy to use it.

A Versatile Palette 

One thing I love about a palette is versatility. These are the types of palettes- again... I reach for more because it's like "ohhh I could just get an everyday look with this palette... or I could get a warm toned look, or a cool toned look, or a smokey look or a colorful look." I would also say this should maybe be the second palette you get better at doing makeup and are able to kind of see what colors look better together.

I think "Versatile" could kind of mean anything. I like things like the Jaclyn Hill Palette that have a lot of colors... but I also think an eye and face palette is something that's really versatile too... and something I reach for often because if I want to wear the blush- I'll usually end up wearing the shadows too... or vice versa. I think Versatile palettes are good for traveling also... because again if it has a blush it's helpful... but also you won't just have the same type of look with one palette... you could get a variety of different looks.

My favorite examples of these would be something like the Jaclyn Hill Palette, Desert Dusk Palette or the Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions palette.

So yeah. I think if I could only pick 2 palettes... these are the types I would choose. Which palettes of these two types... that I'm not as sure about and that might be something I'll talk about on a later day... but either way I think these types of palettes are good ones to invest in and that's just what I like!

Hope you guys like this post! More soon probably... I'll see you guys tomorrow with another fun post!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments