To Buy or Not To Buy: Da Bomb Bath Fizzer Galaxy Bath Bomb

So I got this as a gift for Christmas... and I think it's so fun I had to do a review on it.

So this brand is available at Ulta, Boxlunch... I think I've seen it at Harmon and other stores before... and I've always been intrigued... but I'm a little new to the Bath Bomb world and I've been getting most of mine from Bath and Body Works... so I'm probably going to compare it to Bath and Body Works a little bit.

First off... the packaging of this is really nice. The Bath and Body Works Bath Fizzers are hard to get out of the package... you need scissors- which makes it rather hard to do without damaging the bath bomb itself. This is in a plastic packaging that's sealed nicely... but not so sealed that it is hard to open up. It also has a little bit of cardboard telling you about the fragrance and a little blurb about the creators of this product... and my favorite part about this... it mentions the "Fun Surprise" inside.

The fizz on this is pretty epic. It's kind of loud and it will immediately change the color of the tub. The Bath and Body Works Bath Bombs don't change colors. I think that is really cool... but it always makes me nervous. Suddenly- the entire bath was filled with black liquid! I was afraid there would be a "Cat in the Hat Comes Back" situation where there's a ring around the bath that whenever I try to clean there will be a ring around whatever else I use.

Fortunately... That did not happen! It cleaned out really nicely when it all went down the drain. The product itself was very moisturizing... which also makes me nervous. When I used this I wasn't the first person using the tub that night, my dad and my mom had to use it afterwards... and I wanted to make sure I cleaned out the tub before because the moisturizing properties in this tub did make it a little slippery.

That being said... it felt really nice on my skin! I think the Bath and Body Works felt a little bit more lotiony to my skin... but this was super nice too and my skin did feel very smooth from using it. I'm not sure if this bothered me at all or not... I did feel the moisturizing benefits... I don't think I felt any discomfort after... but I may have been a bit bothered by the fragrance. That might not have been because of the bath bomb... I do use other fragrant products... but usually I'm not too bothered by them. I didn't feel any long feelings of discomfort that would make me not want to buy another one of these.

I really liked the scent. It says it's an amber scent... it worked well with the Bath and Body Works Lavender Cedarwood Shower Gel... that felt especially nice and relaxing! I really liked the combination.

It felt really cool to be in a bath that was totally black... I felt like I should watch Star Wars afterwards or something... that would be really really cool. Like this is what someone would be using on The Death Star.

Spoiler Alert for the prize inside coming up!

It also came with a little plastic alien toy! I'm going to put him by my funko pop of Mulder! Mulder (from X Files)  never quite catches the aliens that are right in front of him... so I feel it's fitting.

Overall... I really loved this product... I definitely liked it more than the Bath and Body Works ones... I thought it was a little bit more fun than those ones... I would definitely repurchase either brand again just because these are nice and relaxing. I really want to try the Fortune Telling ones and the Bling one... these just look like sooo much fun!

So I hope you guys like this review! I just thought this would be a cute little thing to tell you guys about and I have always been curious about these things... so since I got it as a gift, I wanted to review it for you guys!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments