To Buy or Not To Buy: BH Cosmetics Blacklight Palette

Alright guys! Back with the palette reviews! I hope you like them... onto this little palette that has kind of taken my life by storm... not really I'm just sick and these words are the best I could think of...but I do love this palette and it's a good one! 

So this palette resembles some other trendy palettes available right now including the Anastasia Beverly Hills Aura Palette and the Kat Von D Alchemist Palette. I had wanted to try those palettes... but to be honest the Kat Von D Pans are very tiny and I didn't think I'd use the Aura that much... this one I think I'll realistically reach for a lot. From reviews I've heard the Aura palette is a little chunky in the glitter department... whereas the BH one is very smooth. 

Also the BH pan sizes are really big. I have seen people hit pan on these shades pretty fast... but I think that's true of the other palettes at all. I haven't had much problems with any powder kickup or anything... I've only had this palette for about a month... but still- it has been pretty great so far for that... I'll update if I do have any problems in the future. 

Anyway the colors look very vibrant in the pan... but on the packaging it looks a little bit more muted... I think the muted representation is the more accurate representation of what the palette looks like on your cheeks. It is quite a vibrant, glowing highlight- but the color isn't any more vibrant than the package appears. It isn't like the blue highlight is THAT blue- it just has a more icy finish than the rest. And I think that is really cool! It's pretty unique to any highlight that I own. I would say the bright pink color is the most vibrant color in the palette. I like to mix that with the blue color... it might also work as more of a blush topper than a highlight to me because it is kind of pigmented for my pale skintone... but its  still really cool and something I don't have in my collection. 

So some of these aren't the most unique shades... I mean a lot of the colors look kind of similar on me... that's kind of the same of any highlight though... as much as I love highlights and I like to collect different ones... they all kind of have the same effect. I think the most fun one is Strobe... it's just really really highlight-y and it gives the nicest glow to the skin. 

I think these highlights used with my "Glowing skin routine" which I talked about in this video and in this blog post. I think it really helped make it nice and extra glowing and just kind of topped everything in this already great face routine. I just really liked it a lot. 

So this palette is unique to my collection, it's really fun to use, I like the packaging and I just think it's a really great palette. It's on BH's website for $11-ish right now... so I just really like it. I would highly recommend picking it up... I'm just really loving using it and I'm having fun with it! 

Those are my thoughts on this palette! Hope you guys like it! Let me know if you pick it up and what you think of it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments