Windowshopping Sephora: High End Makeup For a Drugstore Price?

Lately I've been noticing kind of a trend in High End Makeup where it's been a little bit less expensive... similarly I've been noticing Drugstore makeup getting a little more expensive... so I thought I would look at Sephora and see anything in the sort of drugstore price range. This might also be useful if you have a sephora gift card for a small amount and want to get some bang for your buck!

First and foremost- the thing that gave me the idea for this post... the Sephora Brand Lipstick Stories. These are $8 lipsticks from the Sephora brand that come in a variety of finishes and formulas. Okay maybe not a huge variety... but they have Matte, Shimmer and Satin... which is all really nice. It's slightly less than the different formulations of the Vice Lipsticks- but I think that was kind of what they were going for with this collection.

The thing I find most unique and kind of fantastic about this collection is that each of the tubes has a unique packaging with a different picture on it. This is super cute and all the pictures are really pretty... but this is also SOOOO practical. I really love Mac Lipsticks, but I only have a few because all the caps look exactly the same.

Sooo I think this is cool. This is something I'd like to check out!

Now I'm looking at eyeshadows... and I think this is kind of important... Milani has an eye palette right now that's $20... and I'm not sure what is better quality but there are quite a few palettes that you can get from Sephora that are less than that right now. Most of them are on sale... but some aren't.

Sephora Brand has their "Winter Magic" eyeshadow Palette" that is $8 on sale right now... so you could get a high end palette and lipstick from Sephora for less than the Milani eye palettes... that's kind of cool!
This reminds me a little of the older too faced Natural at night palette I think... It looks a little like Too Faced! 

Sephora also has $10 mini eye palettes. They have dessert sort of themes... One cool toned palette called Nougat, a pinkish palette called Donut and a Warm palette called the Cookie palette. These look really cute, I've seen them in person and I kind of want to try them! I didn't really swatch them or anything though- but they look nice for $10. 

Moving away from the Sephora Brand right now and into slightly pricier products, Kat Von D's Shade n Light Eye Quads are currently on sale for $15. Online I'm only seeing the plums... which I have and I like that a lot. I used that for my "Fancy Neutral" makeup a few years ago. 

Moschino also has a palette on sale for $18. This looks really pretty- it has reddish tones similar to the Modern Renaissance. It's called the Shopping Bag Palette... and I kind of want it. It's pretty darn cute and I know everyone flipped over the adorable Moschino Teddy Bear Palette. 
There is also a troublemaker Eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay that is just under the $20 mark. It's $19 on sale right now. I'm interested in this one... it looks really really pretty. I want this one lol... I kind of want to see it in person... but I want it. 



It looks better on the pictures, but it's nice and neutral and it has a good mix of warm and cool shades! It also comes with the Troublemaker Mascara- which is cool. 

And then I want to mention the Chosungah 22 Dong Gong Minn Jello Color Eyeshadow palette which is on sale for 19.50... but that is probably one of the worst reviewed palettes... it has 3 and a half stars on the site... and I think that a lot of beauty vloggers were saying just to skip this one. 

This looks pretty but I think its a consistency issue that people are having with it. I think it's supposed to be like a putty type consistency and I think that it might just not be something the US market really wants... I think this is a Korean Beauty Brand. 

I kind of want to see if we can find a blush or a highlight too... cause at the drugstore blushes and highlights can be around $13... I think the last blush I got was $13 or $14 from Milani... so lets see what they have to offer on Sephora! 

Alright so cream blushes and the sephora brand seem to be your best picks for  under $14. 
The Sephora  Blush Me Cream Blush line is currently on sale for $5! Chosungah also has some cream blush products... theres a lot of cream options and the Sephora Colorful line is also $14 and a few are under $14 on sale right now.

And highlighters are the same... although there seems to be a better selection of mini highlighters... in cream varieties- I would not really recommend that. I paid $14 for a mini Milk Glitter Stick and when I saw how small it was I was like "Why did I pay $14 for this?" So... yeah.

Anyway... that is everything! I hope you guys like this post- let me know if you want more things like this!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments